About The River

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Barges, I would like to sail with you, I would like to sail the ocean blue







I wonder what it is like to live on a barge? We saw some of the crew but not close enough to ask any questions. The boys wondered what they ate? What is their favorite part of the river? What do they all haul?
So many questions. It amazes me how we created so many ways of getting supplies to each other. Semi Trucks, Great Lake Freighters, Mississippi Barges and so many more ways.

Barges, I would like to sail with you, I would like to sail the ocean blue.
Barges, are there treasures in your hold? Do you fight with Pirates brave and bold?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! I took very similar photos at Alma about a week ago and am going to make a post out of them soon. Aren't those barges and locks and dams fascinating! I could watch them (and trains) for hours on end.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!