About The River

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crayon Art

A friend of mine sent me an e mail/you tube explaining crayon art to me. I loved it. I pondered a few ideas to make something special for my Mom for Mother's Day. I decided to create a flower garden. This is my first crayon art creation. I plan to do another for my sister. My boys are interested in creating one too. Atticus has a great idea up his sleeve, so I am excited to see how it turns out. I will be sure to share it with all of you too. 
Using a hot gun or you can use a blow dryer I melted the crayons.  
I was a bit disappointed in my flowers. But, my Mom loved it! She knew right where she was going to hang it.  
Have you tried crayon art? What fun creations have you come up with? Happy Creating!

4 comments:

  1. Cute, Carla! I bet it was fun making that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really,really cute. I love that you took a concept and then made it your own. Amy tried crayon art and just made a mess. Yours turned out much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh..this is such a cool project...very fun!!!! thanks for the idea!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    i learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the crayon art! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!