About The River

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A new Green Bean for Thanksgiving

Green Beans with Bacon
Are you looking for something new to make  for Thanksgiving? I love the traditional Green Bean Casserole. But several other family members do not. (my sister being one) Here is something new to try.

Green Beans with Bacon
2 1/4 pounds of fresh green beans
4 slices of bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
6 tablespoons of white vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 chopped pecans

In a large pot, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Toss beans in and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. 
Set bacon aside.
Toss in onion and pecans. Saute
Remove pan from heat and add vinegar and sugar.
Add green beans. Saute everything together.

Crumble bacon and toss on top of beans.

ENJOY

As you can see from my photo I added mushrooms. My son can not eat pecans (because he has braces) He loves mushrooms. It was a big hit.

What do you plan to serve at Thanksgiving? Any new recipes?
          

3 comments:

  1. oooo, I love the pecans in the recipe! And that shot of mashed potatoes looks so yummy. I don't even remember the last time I had mashed potatoes. Must remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Anything with bacon looks inviting and the fact that you sauteed the mushrooms and onions in the bacon grease~mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family loves green bean casserole, but there's nothing healthy in there besides the green beans. This looks like a suitable alternative.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!