About The River

Friday, September 27, 2013

On The Road Friday...Old World Wisconsin part 3

We are off to Old World Wisconsin today.
 Old World Wisconsin is a big place and you do not want to miss any of it, because it is amazing.  A few tips in planning your adventure.

Start your day early! It will take all day to get through all of the buildings. And if you like to ask the folks questions (like I do) you will need all day. :-)
Be sure to wear shoes for walking.
Bring a backpack or other comfortable bag for water and snacks. There are several benches along the way, it is nice to sit for a bit and have a snack.
 Old World has a Polish Area, Finnish Area, German Area, Danish Area, Norwegian Area, African-American Area, Yankee Area and Crossroads Village.
Each culture has a garden. It was so much fun to see how the gardens differ. And yes, the German garden was different from the Norwegian. So interesting, I just loved it.
 Grapes in the German Area.
 Beautiful garden!
 I love this...I would like my sweetheart to build me one for my garden work.
 Old World Beauty
 And more Old World Beauty.

  Old World provides free trams, which are nice towards the end of a long day of exploring.

Thank you for coming along with me today. See you next week for another On the Road Friday!
 

3 comments:

  1. I loved coming along via blogland! It all looks so interesting and that wheelbarrow is so unique. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your pictures today. And I think I will ask my husband if he will build that wheelbarrow for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a place that my hubby and I would love to visit. We are in Manitoba and one day we really must go to Madison, my aunt lives there, how fun it would be to visit this place too!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!