About The River

Monday, January 19, 2015

Cranberry Cake

Cranberry Cake

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract, beat 2 minutes. Stir in flour. Stir in cranberries.

Spread into a greased 13in. x 9in. x 2in. baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. 

Enjoy

My son Atticus loves this cake! It is his very favorite.

My boys picked up this ice chunk out of a puddle in Spring of 2014.
  
 I fell on the ice this morning in our driveway. I banged up my elbow and side. I am okay, just sore. Be careful when going out and about.

14 comments:

  1. Yum, I love cranberries! Hope you feel better from your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so sad after the Packer loss we could all use some cake.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks super yummy...and I am sorry to hear about your fall. My husband took a tumble on the black ice yesterday morning. It was slick out there. Feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That cranberry cake looks fabulous! I found your blog on Jen's (Muddy Boot Dreams) page. Happy to find another Wisconsin blogger. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Carla, I'm so sorry you fell on the ice. Do be careful. Your cake looks superb. Love that photo with the boys and the ice chunk. It reminds me of the clear plastic umbrellas we used to see all the time in the 70's. Come to think of it, I think that IS my clear plastic umbrella. LOL Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. I fell off my own porch last week and hit my head on one of our posts. Not fun. I am with Atticus..I know I will love this cake recipe.TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks seriously delicious and I have a bag of cranberries in the freezer asking to be used. now I'm drooling, darn you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a huge chunk of ice! That cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you to hear you fell and I'm so relieved you're okay! Ice is scary! It's cranberry cake looks delicious, I definitely am going to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your fall. Thx for the recipe and I hope you feel better soon. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that you feel...take care of yourself my friend and take it easy this week. Love the sound of this cake. I used to make cranberry bread with a crumble on top....sure sounds good right now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake looks delicious! I was hoping you would share the recipe :)
    We do need to be careful with all the melting we have had going on. I almost had my feet come out from under me this morning on our sidewalk, but somehow I caught myself!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!