Hello ~ It is Wednesday, it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks us the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
We spent time with my parents. Our boys enjoyed making memories on my parents farm.
2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
My Grandpa served in WWII. Many of my dad's friends served in Vietnam. My dear friend Marv, fought in the Korean War. Our neighbor served in the Gulf War. Talking with all of these great people makes me appreciate the freedom we have as a people. Many stories, stories of survival, stories of watching friends die and stories of coming home and not wanting to go back to the front.
We have taught our boys about the sacrifice many of our service men and women do for all of us. One way we encourage them to learn more is we have many friends in the Military. We send care packages, try to get in touch with them when they are home on leave and listen to their stories.
3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?
Lately, it is the truck down the street. WAY to LOUD!!!
4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?
My husband loves to grill. Hamburgers with a slice of Wisconsin Colby cheese melted on top. Add a few homemade Onion Rings!
Yes, I enjoyed it!
5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?
Heading up to the top of the Willis Tower/Sears Tower in Chicago. I really felt packed in to the elevator. I was not comfortable at all. I hate packed in elevators. The attendants at the elevator just continued to pack the people in to the elevator, just like sardines!
6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I am an organized packer. I like to plan my outfits for the days of the trip. I am a planner, so yes I have lists in advance and a list of the lists. ;-)
I like to pack light. I am a one bag for me kind of girl.
7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
I love Baseball!
I have not attended a game as of this season. I hope to get to an Eau Clarie Express game yet this summer.
My last baseball game was last summer in Great Falls, Montana. My husband treated me to the Great Falls Voyagers vs. Helena Brewers.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have been blessed with many rain showers this past weekend. The frogs are just singing. I love to listen to the frogs sing at the pond I walk by on my daily walk. It just makes me smile.