It is Wednesday and it is time to join the fun of the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks us the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
I can happily report, I have done all I wanted to for the summer of 2015.
We enjoyed many great summer adventures.
2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?
Again, I can happily report I have not really been at my 'wit's end lately'.
Of course, now that I said that I am sure something will happen today.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?
The first story that comes to my mind is from when I was in my early 20's. It is a funny story.
My grandma Martha was living at the nursing home when I came to pick her up for an outing. She was not dressed to go out. I was rather shy about seeing my grandma naked. She asked me to help her get dressed. I was slow at helping her. She yelled at me, "Carla, I do not not have anything different than you have got, now help me with my bra." And so I helped my grandma Martha get dressed up and helped her do her make up too. I was tossed into "the deep end". In the end, our relationship just grew even more special.
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
Dark Chocolate...oh yes, this will put me in a wonderful mood.
I also love honey, cherry tomatoes, greek yogurt, asparagus, eggs and coconut.
If the mussels are not prepared in way that I would like, that would put me in a bad mood, especially if I am already hungry.
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?
Sweeping or Vacuuming my floors.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I will be enjoying my first garden fresh squash this week.
Do you have a favorite variety?
What is your favorite way to prepare squash?