About The River

Friday, September 11, 2015

On The Road Friday ~ Special Guests Come for Dinner

It is Friday. 
It  is time to take a trip.
We are taking a trip right to my house.
Today, I am going to share about a special blogger who came to our home for dinner.



 In July, we enjoyed meeting a  fellow blog buddy.

I have been following Kris of Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies for several years. 
She is a Wisconsin blogger. She shares beautiful photography about her life on the farm. 
We have enjoyed many of her recipes. My boys are always excited when I make another of her recipes.

How exciting for us, that a trip for Kris and her husband to Northwest Wisconsin would include a stop at our home.
Kris of Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies and her husband came for dinner.

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and shared many stories.

What  a special treat to meet another blog buddy. 


 We plan to take a trip to visit Kris and Cliff in Southwest Wisconsin.
We are excited to visit their farm, meet their pets and see all the work they have been doing on their beautiful farm house. And let me not forget, their gardens. 


A special gift from Kris and Cliff. Farm fresh eggs and Southern Pickled Relish.
Delicious. Wonderful. 

How about you? Have you had the opportunity to meet in person a blog buddy?
Have a wonderful weekend.

I am linking up my How to Grow Celery post with Heather Our Life in a Click
If you are looking to find a new Do It Yourself project, a new recipe or learn something new, go check out this party. 


 

13 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun and your photo tells a happy story also! Good for you, meeting one another. Once.....we had an opportunity to meet a sister blogger in AZ but the time to drive was pretty long for each of us, so we passed up the opportunity and time was ticking away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have never met a fellow blogger, but I have met a pen pal and an ICQ friend....remember ICQ from a million years ago? we still remain internet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, Carla! I have invited a couple of blog friends to visit ( and you even invited me to drop by whenever we get up to Wisconsin), so maybe sometime in the future. You never know ! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much this post made my day!! We so enjoyed meeting you and your family, and spending time visiting. Such a delicious meal... and your Peach Ice Cream.... someday you will have to share that recipe :) Looking forward to our next get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla, how fun to meet your blog friend. I've only met one blog friend, and we lived in the same city at the time. She also had a vintage shop in town, which was one of my favorites.

    Have a pleasant weekend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those eggs are gorgeous!!! I met Dewena a few months ago and just love her to death! She is so sweet, kind, caring and giving...everything you see on her blog, she is! Isn't it exciting to meet fellow bloggers? I was just as tickled as you were! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I've met 2 blog friends and both of them were a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for both of you. Meeting a fellow blogger and becoming real friends is the best.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Making internet friends has been one of the great pleasure of blogging, but there's nothing like meeting face to face! :) Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a lot of fun.
    Thanks for sharing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. So neat! That's the most special thing about blogging.
    xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun get together! Yes, I've had the pleasure of meeting three blogging friends- two from northern England and one from northern Wisconsin - who just happens to make the best homemade ice cream!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!