About The River

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What? It is the last day of September! And it is the Hodgepodge!!

Happy Wednesday
It is time for the Hodgepodge. 
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
 
 
 
October is peeking around the corner.
 
 
 1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
My sister and I will be doing a Sister's Weekend! We did this for the first time last year for my birthday. We had such a good time catching up and spending time together we decided to make a yearly event.
This year we will be heading to Madeline Island, Lake Superior 
 
 2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.
 Music for the soul. I love music. I have music playing in the background all the time. One of my favorite stations is KUSC out of Southern California. Click here to check out KUSC 
I love that you can stream your favorite music on line.
 
 3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?
I have been doing some research about Madeline Island. I found some ideas of things to do and see on the Island.
I researched the movie the Russian Woodpecker. I heard about it showing at the Milwaukee Film Festival and I wanted to know what it was about.
 
 4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe. 






 I love salsa and chips!
Monday I shared an easy Fresh Freezer Salsa recipe.
 
 5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?
 Getting up on time. I do not like when I over sleep.
I like to have the house to myself for awhile in the morning. Everyone else is asleep. 
I love to get a walk in or some sort of exercise in the morning. I feels good to have it done for the day. 
Coffee!!
I like to shower in the mornings. A shower is my true wake up call. 
Breakfast, I like to eat with my boys. It is a great way to start the day with them.


6. What small thing have you taken note of today?
Our neighbors tree is starting to drop leaves. I love watching them fall.
 
 7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.
 School!! Harvesting the Garden!! Lunar eclipse ~  blood moon.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
 
 
Have a great week!
Happy October! 

20 comments:

  1. Great fall photos, Carla. Have a wonderful time at Madeleine island. October should be perfect up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall photos!

    This, from your sidebar, caught my eye:
    The Mole never heard a word he was saying. Absorbed in the new life he was entering upon, intoxicated with the sparkle, the ripple, the scents and the sounds and the sunlight, he trailed a paw in the water and dreamed long waking dreams. Mole said " You must think me very rude; but all this is so new to me. So -this - is - a River!" "The River, " corrected the Rat. "And you really live by the river? What a jolly life!" "By it and with it and on it and in it," said the Rat.

    So much eluded to and said and understood in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your post about your sister and you taking a trip to Chicago (I think I have that right). I thought then how neat is must be to have a loving sister with whom you can travel. I know you'll have a great time. I always enjoyed a morning shower when I worked outside the home. It truly was a way to "wake up". Now that I'm retired I like to take my showers in the late afternoon, just before dinner. It helps me relax and wind down. Funny how things change. . .sometimes. :) Have a great day, Carla. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sisters weekend sounds like a lot of fun! October should be a really fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have a sister's weekend. It is hard for one of my sister's to get away, but I am really hoping to make it happen. I'd like to include my daughters and niece too as they're all grown up now and would add to the fun. Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful photos! The leaves around here haven't started dropping yet...in fact, it's 80 degrees today! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the trip with your sister - great idea. I always envied my friends who had sisters as I had only brothers but when I married hubby I gained 6 wonderful sister-in-laws. We love getting together as a family. Love your random thought pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with your sister. We took our grand to a corn maze one year and got lost. A September I won't ever forget. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am intrigued about Madeline Island! Looking forward to learning more about it. Enjoy your sister time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited you're going on a sisters weekend - how fun! I love that my morning routine is almost identical to yours - I love getting up, exercising and having a few minutes to myself w coffee to get ready for the day. Things run so much smoother for everybody! Oh and Chips + Salsa? Yes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the trip with your sister. Safe travels. Love all the pretty pics today.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music for my soul, too!! LOVE IT! My kids sing, that is my favorite station to listen to...otherwise it's an eclectic mix from the 30's to today. I like it all!! Have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla- You will love the laid-back atmosphere of Madeline Island. Make sure to take everything you need PLUS extras with you. Once you are over there you won't want to come back to the mainland for anything. We rented a little cabin there a few years ago and I don't remember ever being any more relaxed. Love these snippets of you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photo of the corn. Enjoy your sister weekend. Thanks for the salsa recipe. Happy October to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like your photo of the corn ...

    Madeleine island.sounds a very nice place to visit - enjoy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like your photo of the corn ...

    Madeleine island.sounds a very nice place to visit - enjoy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, I love music for the soul too, and mornings when all is quiet sipping on my coffee and watching a sunrise. That's nice that you spend time with your sons for breakfast before the day gets going. Love that picture of the corn husk, it's delightful.

    Happy October!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that shot of the corn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a morning person as well! I love getting up very early when it is very quiet (and these days very dark as well) and having time to think and plan the day. And my morning tea. I love that as well :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. The maple leaves started falling today. It is lovely. I hope you have a wonderful safe trip. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!