Merry Christmas Hodgepodge, it is Wednesday, time for the fun of the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
Our new kitten likes to chew power cords! He chewed my phone charger right in half!
2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
I do not know a lot about Angela Merkel. I am not able to give my opinion. What I read from the link, she seems to be trying to help our world. I give her credit.
If I was in charge, who would I declare Person of the Year?
I would pick Trooper Casper. Please read the story here. A Wisconsin State Trooper who died in line of duty to keep Wisconsin citizens safe. I would add to that all the men and women who keep us safe each and every day and we do not even know in all the ways that they do.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.
Yes, we have three.
My favorite was a gift from my sister, my Willow Tree Nativity.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
We participate in Operation Christmas Child. Click here for more information.
Each year the boys add a letter to our boxes. One year we were blessed to receive a letter back from the child who received one of our boxes.
We also Ring, Ring the bell for the Salvation Army. This will be our third year doing this, it has become a fun family time.
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
I love to shop for my two boys. I just love to see the surprise and joy when they open a gift.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?
This amazing cupcake!
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
We were at a store a few days ago, the poor check out guy was having a day! Taking time to give him a smile and laugh. I also helped him bag my items.
8. Insert your own random thought here.