It is Wednesday, it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas.
Playing games with family and friends. We love to play games. Pictionary is one of my favorites. We laugh and tease. It makes for a special time.
2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?
It would be a Memior.
Her Boys are Growing Up
3. What made you feel patriotic this year?
I have been following the Honor Flight. I love listening to the stories of the Veterans who have taken the flight. I am going to ask my friend Marv (aka my Garden Mentor) for permission to honor him. He served in the Korean War. His stories are full of everything that war is. Our boys love him and are in awe when he shares his stories from the war, which is not very often.
Click on the link below for more information regarding the Honor Flight.
4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?
Our garden season. I would do it all over again. It was fun and plentiful.
We had rain when we needed rain. We had humid days when we needed humid days.
It was a great summer for gardening.
5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?
Lavender's Blue Dilly Dilly
This was a song I would sing to my boys when they were little.
I still hum it to them.
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? (10=stellar) Why?
2015 was a good year for us. We have grown as a family with the changes of having teen aged boys. Our oldest son is learning to drive. Learning to let go as a mom and letting her boys go out into this big world.
We had a major house project completed. You may remember our East basement wall caved in and out. GULP!
We had a great mason lead the project and we have a house that did not fall down.
We also had our share of sadness. A dear family friend pass away this Autumn of 2015.
We also lost our cat Mr. B.
7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?
I am excited for my boys to continue to GrOw Up. I am excited to see where God will lead them.
I have a dream I am going to continue to work on in 2016.
It has to do with flowers....I will keep you posted.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Good Bye 2015