About The River

Monday, January 4, 2016

A day at the Veterinarian


This is my dog. Her name is Molly.  She is going to be 11 years old in May 2016. We have walked many miles together and have lots of stories.
The story I am going to share today happened at the Veterinarian Clinic.
Molly was due for her yearly vaccines. As we entered the Veterinarian Clinic there was a big Hound Dog or as I call them, a Bear Dog. In the state of Wisconsin, bear hunting with dogs is a common thing to see in the area I live. You can just tell if  the hound is a hunting dog.

As we walked in, we walked past the hound and his owner. We took a seat. Molly does not bark. It has been a blessing because she never has been a barking dog. All the dogs we walk past will start to yap, not Molly, she just continues on her way. We seem to smile at each other as the owners of the other dogs will scold their dogs for barking on and on.

The Hound Dog/Bear Dog must have decided Molly was something to tree, because he started to give a "I have treed the bear howl."
Molly just looked at the hound dog. I started to laugh and so did the owner of the hound. 
It got so bad, the owner had to take the hound outside.

Molly and I smiled at each other and put this experience as another story of our life together.
 

 
 

 

17 comments:

  1. That is a cute story. Molly is precious. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Molly's spunk! What a great story for this Monday morning, made me smile! Have a great day my friend - feels like a MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, way to go Molly. I had a Springer that cried so loud we had to leave the waiting room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly is a smart and well behaved dog and you're the lucky owner. Thanks for sharing this cute story.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny scene in the vet's office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly and your story are both cute. Thanks for the Monday smile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dog stories like this one. Molly sounds just perfect! Aren't dogs wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Molly!! You just never know what interactions will happen at the vet, I am usually afraid what my pets are going to do!
    I did not know that hounds were used in bear hunting. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet. Some dogs just seem to know when protocol is broken. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha too cute. Love Molly she is adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a funny story and Molly is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate "dog" stories even more now that we have one of our own!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this story. My Max often looks at other dogs with disdain, it makes me laugh.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely story, Molly looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, what a sweet dog and a hilarious story! Hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a funny story. Way to go for Molly. Happy New Year, Janice

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!