About The River

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Make My Day - Hodgepodge

Lake Superior
It is Wednesday, it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.


 1. Share one thing that really makes your day.

My first cup of coffee. Yum! I have a French Press. I make my own pot of French Press coffee every day. My son Atticus loves to watch me do this and every morning I say "Oh, this is good!" 

Having my son roll his eyes at the taste of coffee makes my day too.

 2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:

Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.  

Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful?

I would enjoy visiting San Franciso, California. A friend of mine traveled to San Franciso and she shared some lovely photos.
As for my own colorful travels, I would have to say San Diego, California.

  3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield  In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?

Yes, many times you are afraid to go ahead. You have to have the courage to do so.

  4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?


Lemon Meringue Pie 
I have a little trick to help me spell dessert. Dessert has two ss, because you will want two piecies of dessert.
Something like that, one of my grade school teachers taught many little tricks like this.

  5. What song almost always makes you cry?

Star Spangled Banner 

 6. January is National Soup Month.  Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup, thick as pea soup, souped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.

Thick as Pea Soup
I am in it thick with teenage men in my life. My oldest is shaving, driving and I think, getting more and more handsome by the day.

 7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?

Be You

  8. Insert your own random thought here.

We have snow! Yay!!
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Oh Carla, I would love two pieces of that Lemon meringue pie too. I love that little trick to remember how to spell dessert with 2 ss. What a beautiful picture of your new snow. We are in a major snow storm today and it a light snow but it's coming down so fast. we're supposed to get about a foot of it.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that your son rolling his eyes at your coffee enjoyment makes your day. I swear, we are kindred spirits, you just crack me up! I too would LOVE to visit San Diego, CA - never been further than Phoenix, AZ but someday I'll make it there. I am happy staying in the US so many beautiful places I have yet to see! We had 3 inches of snow last night - just enough to cover the grass up again and make it look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny about the coffee! My girls both live coffee. San Francisco is one of my favorite places and San Diego is almost perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Lake Superior photo! I like SF, but would always prefer San Diego. I loved it. Two teenage boys... You need that coffee! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to any of the places mentioned, but oh how I would love to, and i would have a hard time picking which place to visit, maybe Italy? My husband was stationed in Italy while in the military and has talked about its beauty. Enjoyed your sharing on Hodgepodge Wednesday, and hope you have a wonderful day getting off to a good start with that cuppa coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard that little hint about the difference between desert and dessert, but I like it and will try to remember that. I have to use hints like that to remember things too, it works! Your snow photo is gorgeous, it sure is pretty....especially as long as I don't have to shovel it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your snow. I am still waiting for some here. It looks so beautiful. I would love a cup of French Press coffee. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Canfield quote. Absolutely true for me. Desert and dessert...always have to think about it...and tears every single time with The Star Spangled Banner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla, Beautiful photos! Mom's favorite was lemon meringue pie. I love a cup of coffee when I first wake up in the a.m. I've been drinking it since I was 6 or 7 with cream! Always fun to read your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that last photo. Birdhouses always make me smile, and that's a beauty. The most colorful place I've visited has to be Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'd like to go back. Enjoy the rest of your week, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of the tree in the snow is beautiful! (I need a snow day!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Superior photo ...
    Love the sound of Lemon Meringue Pie - my mum used to make a gorgeous one!
    Love the look of your snow photo ...

    Hope your week is going well

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, look at this picture of the snow, it's beautiful! How I wish it would snow here. I used to live about 45 minutes from San Diego, Carla, and it was the most charming town. I smiled when you said that your first cup of coffee makes your day. Mine too. I am sipping on my Starbucks right now. :) That lemon meringue pie looks soooooo good.

    Have a good rest of the week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of the best memories I have of my grandmother is her baking Lemon Meringue pies for me. I was running for homecoming queen and needed to have a fundraiser, so she baked so many of these wonderful pies and I peddled them door to door. I won! :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been craving Lemon Meringue Pie all day, and then I see you sharing a beautiful pie. I think it's a sign I need to make one :)
    I've never had coffee from a French Press, but you sure make me want to try a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I admire your Wisconsin Pride! I have a similar pride in the Granite State! Whenever I see photo's of Lake Superior I envision Gordon Lightfoot's song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." Thank you for stopping by my blog page. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your morning coffee routine. The Lemon Merinague looks delicious. You photo with the snow is picture perfect! I love it. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Star Spangled Banner always squeezes my heart too, so does God Bless America.

    I've never tried a mile high meringue before but yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!