|Dreaming of Daffodils|
Hello, it is Wednesday. It is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
I caught up on some housework.
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
My boys appetite! Tonight we made fish, sweet potato fries and peas. My youngest son took half the peas and my oldest son took half the sweet potato fries! My husband and I both laughed. I guess we judged wrong as to how much to prepare!
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
I do review a film before deciding if I will watch it. We also have some good friends who like to share movies with us.
No, I did not watch The Oscars. I did hear some of what the host, Chris Rock had to say on the radio Monday morning.
We watched Bridge of Spies, excellent movie in our opinion.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
In November 2015 we had overnight guests.
Top three tips on being a good houseguest
1. Asking if you can help with anything...kitchen clean up, taking out the trash, playing with the kids
2. Respecting your host and the privacy of the host
3. I like to bring a gift for my host
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
My husband makes the best peanut butter cookies in the world! He made them for me this weekend. I asked him to add chocolate chips. Yummy! I have already been celebrating this wonderful day. I had two cookies today!
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
I do think failure is important. I think we learn from it. I have read many books by Zig Ziglar.
I think he is/was one of the best positive life coaches.
One of my favorite quotes of his is the following,
"You do not fail if you get knocked down, you only fail if you stay knocked down."
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
My friend Marv will be coming back to Wisconsin. Marv is my gardening mentor and a dear family friend. I have shared many stories about him here at The River. He spends the winter in Texas. We all are excited to see him.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent."