It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's the last thing you did that could be described as 'taxing'?
Last week I had to go in for my Tetanus shot. I know some would say "You silly, how can this be taxing?" But for me, I do not like people poking me!
2. If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
I would love to grow all the things you can not grow in Wisconsin, just to see how they grow.
Peanuts, cotton, sugar cane, oranges, lemons, limes, peaches......
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week...will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What's one title on your want-to-read list?
Our family loves our local library. We visit weekly.
What I am reading now...
Let's All Be Brave. Living Life with Everything You Have - Author - Annie F. Downs
What is a title on my want-to-read list?
Martha's Vineyard Isle of Dreams - Author - Susan Branch
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to 'just in case'?
Do not go outside with wet hair, you will catch cold.
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What's a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
I love all three!
Onion...yes, on a sandwich, on a pizza, saute'e in butter and add some veggies.
And do not forget onion rings.
Garlic, yes, saute'e with butter add fresh green beans, saute'e a little longer. Yummy!
Ginger, yes, Ginger Lemon tea.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to possess in order to be viewed as mature?
This is a good question.
I think it is important to nurture and at the same time teach responsibility.
If we are no longer teaching responsibility, I think indulging begins.
When is a person mature?
I think when we can make the difference between
I Would Like to Have
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
My husband and I enjoy listening to his radio show. My oldest son just completed Foundations for High School.
Financial principles for students into adulthood.
I appreciate Dave's story and I enjoy how he teaches.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I will be on Spring Break next week. I will miss the Hodgepodge.
Wishing you all a great rest of the week and a fabulous next week!