It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why?
Blue Spring Lake .... my aunt Sharon lives on Blue Spring Lake, Palmyra, Wisconsin.
It is a clear, perfect for a swim, or boat ride lake.
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month?
I clean as I go. I find that so helpful when you are a busy mom. When my boys were small and learning how to go to the bathroom on their own, I put some Clorox Wipes in the bathroom. It was so easy to clean up the toilet. I decided to keep Clorox Wipes in the bathroom all the time. It is so helpful.
This year I started to write down my daily goals. This has helped me stay on task.
I think it will be important to sit down and re-evaluate my commitments.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
I was a lifeguard at a resort.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?
I do enjoy podcasts. I enjoy Dave Ramsey.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
I think father's have it harder. Social Media is such a crazy thing for kids. I find it so sad how many kids are addicted to the device. What some of the kids find and get into with Social Media.
I think the competition of dad time or more computer time is starting to be a true problem.
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?
My dad loves to farm. He is a dairy farmer.
I love to garden. I enjoy planting and harvesting.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I will be away next Wednesday.
I will miss the Hodgepodge.
Wishing you all a great week ahead.