It is time for the Hodgepodge!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
I try to influence the world.
I share my flowers.
I enjoy having people over for dinner and games.
I share a smile or kind word.
.... does the world influence me ... sometimes I feel like giving up ... but I jump back up.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
I used a tape measure with the help of my husband to measure if the back of my car would be big enough for my table, tent and flowers to head to market.
Yes, the tape measure should always be in the junk drawer...unless someone forgot to put it away.
Blessed 'beyond measure' with these two!
Our two boys...who are the best of friends and so special to me and my husband.
Blessed 'beyond measure' family.
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
The Hundred Acre Wood
The Hundred Acre Wood was our nursey theme for our boys. Who would not want to eat honey with Pooh, jump with Tigger and squeez Piglet.
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
My brain never seems to shut down...just ask my husband.
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?
Endeavour ... season 3 on PBS
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
Knee High by the Fourth of July
My dad would always hope that his corn crop would be knee high. It was always fun to ride out with my dad to check on the corn.
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week I shared that a dear friend of ours is not well. He is still not doing well.
Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming.