Hello, it is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's changed in your life, home, or community since your last birthday?
Homes for sale ... two of our neighbors have moved in the last four months.
2. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like/listen to classical music? If so what's a favorite piece and/or who is a favorite composer?
Yes, I love classical music. Yes, I listen daily to classical music.
My favorite piece .... The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
My favorite composer .... John Williams.
3. Besides The Bible, what's a book that has positively changed your life, relationships, career, or perspective? How so?
Dr. John Townsend
How do you know you’re ready to trust again … and what does it take to be ready? Painful relationships violate our trust, causing us to close our hearts. But to experience the freedom and love God designed us for, we eventually have to take another risk. In this breakthrough book, bestselling author Dr. John Townsend takes you beyond the pain of the past to discover how to re-enter a life of intimate relationships. Whether you’re trying to restore a current relationship or begin a new one, Townsend gives practical tools for establishing trust and finding the intimacy you long for. Beyond Boundaries will help you reinstate closeness with someone who broke your trust; discern when true change has occurred; reestablish appropriate connections in strained relationships; create a safe environment that helps you trust; and restore former relationships to a healthy dynamic. You can move past relational pain to trust again. Beyond Boundaries will show you how.
4. I read (here) these ten hobbies will make you smarter...play a musical instrument, read voraciously, meditate regularly, work out your brain (puzzles, sudoku, board games, etc), exercise often, learn a new language, write your feelings down (blog, journal, just write), travel to new places, cook different kinds of meals, participate in sports actively
Are any on this list your current hobbies? Which hobby on the list would you be most inclined to try?
My current hobbies .... work puzzles, exercise often, blogging, cooking different meals.
I have been trying to learn a new language, I had to jump off the learning German bus during the garden season. Hope to hop back on in November.
5. What sports traditions does your family have?
Cross Country Skiing ... Winter is coming .... this ones for Judy of Cranberry Morning.
6. In a few words, weigh in on the current football/National Anthem brouhaha. Keep it family friendly please.
7. Where do you have loads of patience, and where do you most lack patience?
I have patience with my gardens.
I am lacking patience when my computer is slooooowwwww.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We made our first Apple Crisp of the Autumn season Sunday. Yummy!
Do you have a twist to the traditional Apple Crisp recipe?