|Wisconsin showing off her Autumn beauty.|
It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
Wisconsin is just starting to show off her Autumn beauty. We will soon be heading out on Autumn hikes. Autumn is our favorite time of the year to hike. The beauty of the trees, the fallen leaves and the smell of the cool crisp air.
My favorite scent this time of year is cinnamon. I have a cinnamon candle burning most Autumn evenings.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
Warm apple cider
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?
I was just talking to my son about this today! He has been struggling with an afternoon slump for the past few weeks. I shared with him what works for me.
A big glass of cold water with a dash of lemon. I drink it all and walk around.
Movement usually helps me or just moving into a different room.
Ice coffee or a nice cup of black tea are my other tricks of the trade.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
I have several friends in my life that I admire. My friends have been brave, each in her own way. That bravery inspires me.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
I have been a people pleaser. It can be very hard for me to say "No" ... I do think it can be a bad thing, if you are changing who you are inside to please that person!
6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
Circle of Life
7. What do you wish would never change?
Daylight Savings Time
I HATE the time change. I will begin to complain about it in the weeks before it arrives.
Just leave the time alone.
And yes, I could do without all the updates in technology.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We watched Mr. Smith Goes To Washington ... produced back in 1939 ... oh my, sadly Washington has not changed ... I think it has gotten worse.
My boys loved the Boy Rangers in the movie.
Watch it this weekend, I know it will make you smile. Even if it is about Washington.