Tis' the Season
It is the Hodgepodge!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
Yes, we decorate! I will say I am a 7 .... I decorate our dining room and living room. I add a little to the kitchen and our entry. I also like to decorate our deck and the entry to our home.
I love to set up my nutcracker collection.
Yes, we are all done decorating!
|Outside ... I did add some mittens to the skates after the photo was taken.|
|Outside ... keeping it simple with fresh pine and cardinals.|
|Embroidery work done by my late grandma .... see my recent post on this special Gift from Grandma|
|I used a large galvanized bucket for our tree stand.|
|Our fun camper ornament, it just makes me smile.|
|The TARDIS from Doctor Who ... our boys favorite.|
|The countdown on the refrigerator in the kitchen.|
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
Yes, we have a nativity scene in our decorating. This year it is in our living room.
My sister gifted us this nativity several years ago.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
No, we do not live in a social neighborhood. When I hear about the fun some of the neighborhoods have, I wish I did.
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
Yes, I have several Christmas "To Do" to do!
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
I do not have a problem with Monday. It is a great day to start the week.
6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
I love them all!! You guys already know how much I love flowers. Ha!
At this time our Christmas Cactus is starting to form buds.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
Linus shares the true meaning of Christmas with Luke 2: 8-14.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My second favorite Christmas quote from a movie.