About The River

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Taste a Rainbow

Taste a Rainbow 

I am sharing an old post I did. This was a fun project the boys I did together for St. Patrick's Day.

We found this fun idea in Family Fun Magazine. Taste a Rainbow! Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Prepare your favorite white cake mix. Divide the batter evenly among six bowls. Make up the colors according to the Food Coloring chart on box. Line muffin pan with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter,blue batter and so on. Bake the cupcakes according to your white cake recipe.

"Wow! It really worked!" that is what we said after they cooled and we cut them in half! :-)

Happy St. Patrick's Day

12 comments:

  1. I used to love FF magazine! We've made these too. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I can't believe it really worked. How did they taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! They are so pretty, my friend :) I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and clever. Hope they were delish!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty rainbows. Bet the kids loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter always likes to add colour or flavours to cupcakes. Always slightly disconcerting the first time you eat something so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool! I've seen recipes, but questioned if they really turned out. I'll have to try this some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are SO cool! Perfect for St Patty’s day! They came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good!
    Have a Happy Day!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I've always wondered what a rainbow tasted like.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!