About The River

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Think Spring! Think Spring! Think Spring! And it is the Hodgepodge!

Think Spring!
I can not wait to go out with the canoe.
 But first this all needs to melt.
Yes, even me, the snow lover is starting to get major SPRING fever!

Time to hop on into the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.


 
1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.
  1. We have a hike we want to do in Bayfield County. It is best to do in the Spring because it is to an abandoned mining camp. You can see the outline of the old buildings before the grass grows.
  up.
2. Get out in the canoe. I enjoy Spring canoe trips because you can see many nesting birds.

3. Yard Clean Up!!

 
2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
 Spending time outdoors, taking a walk, gardening or just sitting watching the sun restores me.
I do one of the following everyday. 

 3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes? 
Yes, I like celery. I enjoy Chicken Salad with celery. I will reach for the cucumbers.

 4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day

How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?

I drink a glass of water. I am dressed. I know what I am having for dinner. We plan our menu on Sunday's for the week. It is very helpful when wanting to keep a healthy diet with a busy family. Make my list for the day or review the list from yesterday.
  
The brain dump might help .. or not listening to the morning news. 

 5. Describe the view from your window.
After the last snowfall, April 13-15 .. 18 inches .. I fed the very hungry birds. The goldfinches have turned their beautiful yellow for summer. I have a dozen goldfinches eating at the feeder with a backdrop of all white around them.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.
I forgot to share my Easter cake with you last week. Here is 2018's Easter cake.
Each Easter I come up with a fun cake to create for my boys.
They were pleased with this one. One of my fellas LOVES eating Peeps.
 

SaveSave 

17 comments:

  1. Oh friend, I hope spring arrives soon in your neck of the woods. Living in the mountains I know what it's like to have snow until the end of May so I feel you "pain."

    Lovely post and oh, what a cute cake! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww there's that famous Easter cake! Love it! So much snow! I hope it melts for you and you get the warmer temps sooner than later. The goldfinches need it too! I reach for the cukes first too. Come on SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here anymore...but there's always the threat and it's very, very cold! I hope you get a melt soon and you can get in that garden and start gardening soon. And I love your Peep cake!! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring snow is lovely - but not very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine having all that snow right now. We took our boat for a ride today although it is supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow-in the low 60's. Still spring though and not winter! Your cake is cute. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that cake is just adorable. I think if I lived in your area of our country I might spend more time outdoors. Such beautiful country. Then again, I thought I'd go to the beach every day since it's only 3 miles from my front door but that stopped when the girls grew up so...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that Spring finds you real soon. I'm antsy to get the yard cleaned up and repaired. There is lots of damage on the front and back lawn. Our snow is almost all gone except for the big drifts in the shade. The tulips are coming up through the snow so it means that there is no frost in the ground.
    That cake looks spectacular.

    PS. I looked up starting petunias from cuttings and it's true. You can grow petunias from cuttings. A new thing for me to try this summer.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was waiting for a pic of the 2018 Easter cake! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I'm thinking spring. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try. And we have to keep feeding the poor little birds. Very strange behaviors of birds in my backyard today. I didn't get any good video, but I did put out jam and raisins soaked in warm water. Fortunately, several of our shrubs still had plenty of berries, but they're almost gone now because of the hungry birds! Thank heavens we had a bumper crop last year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all need Spring to arrive and stay. Old Man Winter needs to leave. LOL on the national celery day! Love it!!! Love the 2018 Easter Cake with the cute peeps. So sweet. Have a great day today.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Easter cake! One of my sons-in-law and some of the grandkids enjoy making s'mores with peeps rather than marshmallows. Roasting a peep over a campfire just sounds inhumane somehow!

    We still have snow here in New Hampshire too, but it is on its way out ... I think. Enjoyed reading your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather has been so crazy!! That's a lot of snow you got. Even here by us our furnace is still running. I have never planned meals. Isn't that weird?? I'm thinking Mark and I will do that when he retires. Of course if the kids are coming over I plan a meal. Your cake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The weather in 2018 has been so mixed up ...
    Love your Easter cake.

    All the best Jan

    PS Hope you get some warmer days soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to read about your goldfinches, eating at the feeder. I think that is very special. But snow ... wish I could sent your our Dutch sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am with you on the Spring Fever thing. This year Winter just refuses to go away, like a visitor who over stays their welcome. A canoe ride seems nice, but it is still a bit too cold for my tastes to do that. Your Easter cake looks great. Thanks for visiting my blog page and for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should take some tips on things to do first thing in the morning! I wish we could have a weekly menu, but with Cliff's job... I'm sure you can imagine how challenging that would be. We were feeding the birds this week too. It was so sad and scary driving down the roads watching all the birds scared, and in distress. Happy to say that things are looking better for them today :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goodness that is still a lot of snow to disappear. I hope it goes soon.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!