About The River

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May and December my two busy months of the year! And it is the Hodgepodge!

Hello Friends!
Happy May!
My title says it all about the month of May!
May has always been a busy month for our family. School is coming to an end. And this year it is really coming to an end for one of my fellas! We are busy planning a graduation. The garden season is upon us, yard clean up and planning for the farm market.


 Spring has Sprung!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
 


 1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
Daffodils! My grandpa loved daffodils and he planted his entire hillside in daffodils. It was the most beautiful sight in the spring. He also liked peony. He had many peony and the scent of peony take me to memories of mowing lawn with him.

2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
I helped my son Sam with his bank account. I like to go over things with him every few months. Checking to see that he is on top of balancing and bank statements.

3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
Mr.C from Cranberry Morning makes the best homemade salsa I have ever had. Yes, I love salsa and can do some major damage to a bowl of salsa and chips.

 4. When I was twelve years old...
My best friend was a girl named Dana. We had so much fun together. She moved a few years later. It is always hard when a best buddy moves away.

5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?
 At first light. After a long winter it is so wonderful to hear birds signing at first light. The robins are the first to come back North to Wisconsin. I love hearing their song at first light. Spring has Sprung!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
I will be "out of the office" often this month. We have several fun events on the calendar and prep work for some of those events.

Enjoy May my friends!
Talk to you soon.
 ♥
Carla
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Carla, Finally nice weather..well some times. Congratulations to your son. My grandson hopefully will be graduating. He had some grades to catch up from being absent from an accident. Scary. The last time I really help someone, I gave my grandson my tax check to put with a down payment on his first home. It made me feel as good as Brock. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family have lots of fun times in the merry month of May. Weather is warm here and it's great to be outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the same here. December and May are my busiest months although lately every months have been the busiest.
    Congratulations on your son to be finishing school and graduation. You must feel proud of him. How fast they grow to become men.
    Your answers are always great.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carla,
    Our month of May is gearing up too. We have a Disney vacation happening for our family trip and also
    starting a new deck for the backyard and of course all the planting of flowers. So I understand the busy month of May. I love first thing in the morning to hear the birds singing too. Love the good morning songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing the birdsongs, too! It is almost like an auditory announcement of light coming back. Hope you have lots of fun, I will really miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a busy month, isn't it? So glad Spring has finally sprung all around!! I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the sounds of the birds chirping in the morning, and the Spring sights. We hit 90 degreees here yesterday- jumped right to Summer! I love your 12 memory. My daughter has a dear friend moving to Atlanta right after school gets out, it will be hard. I hope you have a wonderful day my friend! I know you have a lot of exciting things coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making me hungry for homemade salsa! I guess we would fight over the bowl of chips and salsa....or would we share? heeheehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daffodils are so pretty. That's a sweet memory of your grandfather. Judy needs to share that recipe. That is so sad when your buddy moves away. That happened to our daughter. Enjoy the upcoming events!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The merry month of May!
    It sounds as if you are going to have a busy but fun time.
    Many congratulations to your son as he soon finishes school and graduates.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Carla! I am glad that Spring has finally sprung in your neck of the woods. It has been a long time coming. Re: 12 year old me, I must say that I had a nice childhood. I have a lot of pleasant memories for which I am thankful. My wife would love your carnations. Me...not a flower person. Thanks for your visit and for your comment. Enjoy your Month of May. Looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds hectic, Carla May the 4th be with you. Love that opening photo. National Salsa Day??? - really?? Who says?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your May. I always enjoy these posts, BTW...

    I like daffodils, too. They remind me of my grandmother because she always planted bulbs every fall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sweet peas. When I was a girl they grew in our garden, just below my windows. At this time of year I would open the window to them every morning and it was a treat. They are the nicest smelling flowers. Enjoy your busy month, my friend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes it is always hard when a friend moves away!

    Happy spring my friend!,enjoy the smiles f nature around you ,earth is saying well come to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so with you on #5! So many firsts right now, and they all bring so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy everything that May has to bring!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are getting beautiful weather to enjoy outdoor..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay, spring has sprung! Your photos are so floriferous! Congrats and good luck with the graduation and all your other special events!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo - wonderful to see your blossoms!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!