About The River

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Meet Me in the Garden




 Hello to all my readers, I am inviting you to Meet Me in the Garden on July 17th. 
I know many of you live far, far away, but just in case you are in the area, I invite you to join us for a fun evening learning Tips and Tricks. I will be sharing tips and tricks on cut flowers.

 The Spooner Agriculture Research Station Teaching and Display Garden will again host visitors for a relaxing program in the garden on Tuesday, July 17 starting at 6:00 pm.  This garden session will focus on sharing tips, tricks, myths and truths


 
Last year's event, it was chilly. I do not think we will need long sleeves this year. We are having a warm and humid summer here in Northwest Wisconsin.


July, 2018 Spooner, Wisconsin.   – The Spooner Agriculture Research Station Teaching and Display Garden will again host visitors for a relaxing program in the garden on Tuesday, July 17 starting at 6:00 pm.  This garden session will focus on sharing tips, tricks, myths and truths.  Visitors can come with their own tips to share and UW-Extension Master Gardener Volunteers will be on hand to share theirs.  The evening’s program will include tidbits on cut flower tricks, garden photo techniques, tips on vegetable gardening, and phenology.  There will be interactive contests to test everyone’s knowledge and how to tell whether what we learned from our grandparents and parents hold up with the latest research. This year’s theme is “Get Social in the Garden”, a part of the All American Selections #AASWinners.  The Garden is one of eight in Wisconsin that display vegetable and flower varieties who have been awarded this designation as an outstanding cultivar.   For more information on the garden, upcoming events and blog posts go to the North Country Master Gardener Volunteers website at:  https://www.northcountrymgv.org/

Save these dates for the other programs at the garden:  the Twilight Garden Tour will be August 14 at 4:00 pm and on September 8 at 10:00 am the program will focus on harvest, seed savings and what was learned during this garden season. 

Remember to bring your own lawn chair for the Meet Me in the Garden Seminar.  The session is free and open to the public and will be held rain or shine – please dress accordingly.  In case of inclement weather, the program will be held at the Station Building at W6646 Highway 70, Spooner.    The garden is located on Orchard Lane, 1.5 miles east of Spooner on Highway 70 or 1/2 mile west of the Hwy 70/53 interchange.  Watch for garden meeting signs.

For more information and a map visit the station’s web site at: http://spooner.ars.wisc.edu/ or contact Kevin Schoessow or Lorraine Toman at the Spooner Area UW-Extension Office at 715-635-3506 or 1-800-528-1914.

7 comments:

  1. Good Luck with this again this year. Oh my too see you in coats. This year will be so much different with all the heat we have had. Have a great time.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come! I know everyone will learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I lived closer, Carla. I would love to be there...even with the heat and humidity it would still be fun. Have a wonderful, blessed event! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all wish we could come...sounds wonderful! I hope you have nice weather and a good turn out! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I didn't have to work that day, I would be there! Good luck, and hope to hear how everything went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you doing this last year! Good luck, I'm sure it will be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I lived near by I would certainly be there!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!