About The River

Monday, August 20, 2018

Joy List Monday





Joy List Monday

 a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces
 that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day


♥ sweet corn .. eating fresh sweet corn on the cob with butter dripping down my chin
 ♥ spending time with my oldest son before he leaves for Basic
 ♥ visiting with friends and family that we have not seen since last summer or longer
 ♥ a friend calling up to say she has lots of plums on her plum tree .. she wants to share
♥ making plum crisp .. enjoying with a scoop of ice cream



Hello Friends,
The past two weeks have been fun of adventure and many new experiences.

I hosted my first garden tour, here at our home for DayBreak. DayBreak is an adult day care for folks with dementia. It was a very special day and I will share about the day and tour soon.

I helped with a Cut Flower Garden and Fresh Cut Flower Bouquets workshop at the Twilight Garden Tour.

We also have been busy enjoying the last few weeks with our oldest son as he prepares to leave for Basic the first week of September. We enjoyed a fun trip to Door County, Wisconsin.

I will share about each one of the above in future posts. 

 
Carla


 

 

15 comments:

  1. The end of summer is always so busy! We've really enjoyed fresh corn this summer and I hate to see the end of that season. Enjoy your week sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read all the details of each one. Your son s going into the service? Which branch? This bouquet is gorgeous, I love the mixture of colors. I could never in a million years match up flowers like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice outing for your friends to visit your garden. Blessings to your son as he gets ready to enter the service in September. My grandson Damian has been in the Navy for a year now. He looks so muscular and fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of blessings. Enjoy the time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds perfect. Nothing like some fresh plums. Keeping you son in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you’ve had lots going on. It’s good to spend time with our children, soaking it up before they leave xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday! Your life is full, and thank you for sharing the joy and your pretty flowers with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla,
    How fun to host the garden tour for Day Break. I bet they loved every minute. I cannot wait to see your post on that. God Bless your son for enlisting to service our country. Enjoy this last part of summer with him before he leaves. Have a great new week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling the same way you are and trying to enjoy the last few weeks with our daughter before she leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like perfect summer days. Enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have been saying "yes" a lot this summer as well!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you a lot as Sam gets ready to head off. It goes too fast but he’s spreading his wings! I’m sending hugs from here. Enjoy these days my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour of those flowers …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!