About The River

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

~ Wednesday Medley ~


 Let's Go Brewers!


 I am a baseball fan. I LOVE baseball. I enjoy listening to games on the radio. If I do get the game on TV, I will have the game on the TV, but will have the volume turned up on the radio.
My Milwaukee Brewers are playing hard to make it to the World Series. 
Come cheer on the Crew with me.

 Now lets go see what Wednesday Medley is all about.



 

Hello Friends, 
It is Wednesday and it is time for Wednesday Medley.
Terri asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



 1.  The Circleville, Ohio, Pumpkin Festival starts today.  All things pumpkin are everywhere. What is your one very favorite pumpkin flavored food or drink?  Do you wish it was available all year or do you only want it in the Fall?

My favorite pumpkin treat would be pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. I make pumpkin bars until about February, because they are also a favorite of my youngest son, he requests them often.

 
Autumn Hikes are my favorite!
2.  What product would you seriously stockpile if you found out they weren't going to sell it anymore?
 
Blue Jeans!
 
 
3.  What is the most interesting thing you have seen online this week?
 
Sadly, it is bad news .. I am not sure it is interesting but it is of great interest to me because it is in my home county. 
Very sad and scary!
I know some of you have heard of the story on the news and asked how close to home this was to me. Barron is about three miles from Cameron. My husband has a co worker who's girlfriend lives two houses down from the home that the parents were killed.

4.  Is it better to be a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?
 
I am a small fish in a big pond. I say this because I am a small person.
I do have a funny story .. it is funny now .. not so funny when it happened.
 
My sister and I were at a Christmas Market in Chicago not long ago. I am about 5 feet and a little extra when wearing shoes. 
We were with in the pond of people at the Christmas Market. They all seemed to be tall people .. I could not see anything. I go so worked up, let go of my sister's hand and told her, " I see a way out!" and I took off. I am sure I looked like a running back in a football game. I could see the sidewalk and all I wanted to do was get out of that crowd.
I did it! I looked back at the sea of people. My sister was coming up to me, she was steaming mad. "Never do that to me again!!"
 
 
5.  My Joe has become obsessed with playing chess on the computer.  Do you play chess?  Are you good at it?
 
I would like to learn how to play chess. 
 
 6.  Tell us something random about your week.
 My decorative corn that I planted this year in my garden. I was so happy with how well of a harvest I had. I had poor luck the past two years. This year I tried a new seed with shorter growing days. 
I think this basket of corn says "Happy Autumn!"
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. What pretty decorative corn!! That's a funny story! I felt that way at the Eagles parade this year (but there was no way out!). I hadn't heard that story in your area. It sounds very very sad. It's so hard when it's close to home.
    Pumpkin everything please. I used to make a pumpkin roll with cream cheese icing. Yum! I think pumpkin bread/muffins are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that corn! So beautiful! Pumpkin Spice muffins -- Nothing Bundt Cakes has the best I've tasted and I could eat them all year round! So sad about that family...those things just break my heart. I'm short also, so I feel your pain! Love and hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corn looks beautiful! Yes, I heard this news about the murder on T.V., it is turning into a national story. I will be following it, too. There are so many different scenarios that could have happened. My husband is an excellent chess player. He has won lots of trophies, and taught chess class at the local elementary for several years. He was even in the paper with his class! It is too confusing for me, I have not been able to play. I am getting shorter every year, and may soon will be at your height.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in on the Medley today! I really enjoyed reading your answers! Your small fish story is a bit frightening! I am almost 6 feet tall, so would have been one of the "big" fish in the crowd! Love that basket of decorative corn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS... since the Phillies are out, we are cheering for the Brewers!

      Delete
  5. I guess I was in the middle of writing a comment when the phone rang. Anyway, jeans are a good choice!! How horrifying about the Amber alert event. I wish these young girls didn't have their photos and so much information on Facebook. I wish my granddaughter would take down her page. I worry about that. It's still correct that Sam can get mail but not a package? Such a gorgeous day. Took the pump out of the pond for the winter. Always a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to stay up for any updates on the news tonight.
    I would also stockpile jeans if there were to be no more! My favorite pumpkin is also, pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. You can never go wrong with one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla,
    I love pumpkin bars too. Yummo! Love your harvest corn. So pretty.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Indian corn too, so nice that you had some of your own this year! I did learn to stop bringing it into the house and keep it very long because it would hatch out little moths. Ever have that happen?

    The shot of the three shoes is very poignant, Carla. I remember the same shot of 4 shoes you had. Your nest is getting a little empty, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, your corn is lovely...and I'm not at all surprised. Your green thumb knows no bounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn walks and hikes are so enjoyable …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!