About The River

Monday, July 15, 2019

A Journey Remembered and Joy List Monday

A Journey Remembered

This past week was my friend Katie's memorial service. 
I was honored to create a bouquet for her service from our North Country Master Gardner Group.


 Celebrating the Life of  Katie on July 8th, 2019

The tributes to Katie where so well done. Her grandson did a fantastic job and had us all laughing. A very special young man to be brave to do this in honor of his grandma. It was very special.

The message was titled " A True Lady Who Loved to Play in the Dirt"

Katie's sending off song: This Land is Your Land

 
 A Journey Remembered
As some people journey through life, they leave footprints wherever they go..
footprints of kindness and love, courage and compassion, humor and inspiration, joy and faith.

Even when they're gone, we can still look back and clearly see the trail they left behind. A trail bright with hope that invites us to follow.




 Joy List Monday
a weekly ritual 

a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties 
and graces that make life magical and to set aside time 
for gratitude each day

  ♥ a surprise gift from a friend.. the little pillow pictured above
 ♥ fans.. it has been hot and humid here in Northwest Wisconsin.. oh a fan blowing air around feels so good
 ♥ a lunch date with a friend
♥ hugs from my boys
♥ planning a long weekend getaway in September with my husband
♥ remembering Katie

 

13 comments:

  1. Praying.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bouquet you made for Katie. I love your Joy Lists and how you find happy things even when there are sad things going on too. That's life, I guess! I love my ceiling fans, even with the AC running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like she was so full of life and vibrant; making her death even harder. Your bouquet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lovely service for your friend. Beautiful flowers too. Hugs from NZ for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful floral arrangement for your friend Katie and I love the gardening boots and the script above and below. That is so special. Your Joy list is remarkable. Even in sorrow you find things to be grateful for and that's how it should be. I love the send off song. She did love the land as you and I do.
    Take care and I'm praying for your intentions.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Carla. I'm sure it was comforting to you to make the bouquet. It's lovely...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers from your heart. This is a hard loss for you Carla. So sorry you had to say goodbye to a special gardening friend. Prayers and hugs.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear of you loss in a dear friend.
    Sounds like she left an impression on many hearts and will certainly be remembered in a beautiful way.
    You flower arrangement was just beautiful.

    Bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt Katie left a lasting legacy of love. I believe the fact that her grandson gave a tribute at her memorial service attests to that. I can't think of anything I would love more than to know my own grandchildren would do something like that to honor me. The bouquet you made is stunning, Carla. "A Journey Remembered" is beautiful. I'm going to write that down in my journal. Thanks for sharing today, Carla. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carla, that is a beautiful flower arrangement for your dear friend Katie.
    My thoughts and good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely memorial service. ((Hugs))
    So many things to be grateful for. The pillow is so cute and a trip sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bouquet was beautiful Carla! Sorry that you have lost a friend but wonderful memories remain! Love and hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful flowers and service for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!