About The River

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Who is knocking at the door?

Hello Friends,
I am just letting out some frustration.
As you know our area was hit by a storm and 2 miles down the road (the National Weather Service as upgraded the tornado to a F 3) ... we have enough to deal with.

Wednesday afternoon, a knock at the door.
I went out to open the door, and this  fella is standing on the deck. He quickly starts telling me how we can get a new roof, windows and so much more. He needs to just take a peek at our roof. Before, I can say a word, he says to me, and points out, "yep, I can see that it is possible, you have this and this."

What?
Who are you? 
What are you doing bothering me?
 
He is off to get his ladder, he does not seem to care that I am telling him, No!

Thankfully, my husband pulls into the driveway. On his bike. My husband rides his bike to work.
He looks at me and the fella. I shake my head and my husband is quickly at my side.

Needless to say, my husband chased the fella off. 
About 10 minutes after this happened, I heard an alert on the radio regarding Storm Chasers, who come in after a storm, knocking on doors.

I will be ready for the next one!

 

14 comments:

  1. Well that is super frustrating. There's always an angle to be found if people are looking to take advantage of the woes of others. I am glad you husband came home right on time. Your superhero to the rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your husband returned home at the right time to put the chase to this guy. There are scammers at every turn. They usually ask for money up front before they start the job but once they have the money, you never see them again.
    I feel sorry for those poor people who get caught by these scammers.

    I hope that your community is vigilant about this guy.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have them here, too! Looking to do a new roof, or asphalt your driveway, or paint. But when doing these things, you need to find a resalable company that has been around for years. I hope your house is fine, so scary! And these people seem to prey on victims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about many scams and con artists. So good that your husband came when he did!
    Take care! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is shameful! Glad you hubby came home (but don't you wish sometimes you had a mean dog to sic on someone like this! I mean....we wouldn't of course...but we could hold a mean dog by the leash and let him growl!) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful your husband showed up. I have heard of these people actually causing damage themselves while on your roof and then your ins. recognizes that it is a scam and won't pay. God bless you all this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad that there are peeps like that to take advantage of those in need after those storms. I know they need work too but a lot of them come from out of state when things like this happen and they do not know the codes and rules. So I am glad you are aware and will watch out for these people.
    Have a good memorial day weekend. Hope the storms are not too bad this weekend for all of you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it sad that I had a time when people are so vulnerable, vultures tented to send in an effort to make money, to take advantage, to make a profit! I'm so glad that your husband was there and yes, you will be ready for them the next time! xo Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad that you have to deal with this on top of everything else. I hear the news reports about these people out there, but thankfully haven't had to deal with them. Glad Jeremy got home when he did to chase the swindler away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the last thing you need. Glad you didn't get totally caught out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about the storm and the nerve of that man. Glad he got run off before he could do more damage. Hope you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, that was not very nice of him! I don't even answer the door anymore, especially if Mark isn't home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So thankful that your husband came home when he did ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is crazy! Storm chasers indeed, more like storm chasing thieves! Glad your husband helped you out at the right time. It is sad that there are people like this who pray on those in need and desperation after such destruction! Glad that it all worked out well for you in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!