About The River

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

It is 3:15pm Somewhere ~ Hodgepodge

 It is Wednesday and that means it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?

I was having a snack.
Check out the top photo of that chocolate chip cookie made by my youngest son.

Is having a snack typical at 3:15pm? Yes it is.
My energy level is about 5, that is why I need that snack.

 2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.

A party!
My flower gardens are bursting with blooms. That makes creating bouquets so much fun. It is also fun just to walk the garden, with butterflies, bees and hummingbirds.

 3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.

1. Having another Carla ... to re do the chair my parents found for me at an auction.
2. Having another Carla ... to keep up with weeds in the flower garden.
3. Having another Carla ... to keep up with the watering of the garden.

Ha! Ha!
During the month of May, when school is wrapping up, planting the garden begins and the boys shooting sports started, I shared with my husband I thought I should clone myself.
He told me that was not a good idea, it would get confusing. 
Ha! Ha!

 4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?

Physically strong, yes, I am physically strong. I grew up on a dairy farm. Making hay, carrying milk buckets and feed sacks.
I am thankful that I have been able to keep the strength as I have gotten older.

5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?
I do enjoy historical fiction.
I recently listened to  Lilac Girls on audio.
I recommend it, very well done.
 
 
6. Insert your own random thought here.

Our family enjoys creating different infused water.
Raspberry Mint was a favorite.
Do you make infused water?
Do you have a favorite?
 

24 comments:

  1. I make infused olive oil, does that count? But I don't drink it. I'll have to try the berries (and mint) in water. I need to be more disciplined in getting stronger. And if you do decide to clone Carla, I sure could use an extra one around here, so please make at least four copies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not made infused water . . .but I love to fill a big pitcher up with water and slice lemons in it . . not squeeze them just slice them. In the hot Alabama summer, it is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infused water sounds refreshing! I love the hodgpodge Q&A posts.....
    I have had several people recommend The Lilac Girls. I need to read it! I love historical fiction....probably my favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers. I have often wished I could clone myself, too. lol
    I think I need to get The Lilac Girls- I have had a couple of people recommend it.
    Your infused water sounds great. I think I am too lazy to make it for myself though. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like strawberries and cucumber in my water. I haven't heard of The Lilac Girls but will look for it. Have you read A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers by Hazel Gaynor? You might enjoy that one-also historical fiction. Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers for baby and mama. They are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a coffee drinker, but lately, by 3:15 I need a pick me up. I think it's all that summer fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made lemon infused water once but didn't like it much. I might try it with strawberries or blueberries sometime since I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mug! And your son's cookie looks so good! I completely believe we should teach our sons to cook. I have heard of this Lilac Girls, I need to go to Amazon and read what it's about. It looks interesting. Never made infused water, but got my daughter-in-law an infusing bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I enjoyed the entire post, but that last photo of the raspberry infused water has me salivating on this hot, summer day. (And, of course, a cookie would taste great about now, too. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your answer for #3....LOL! Your water looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried infused water. Is it as good as they claim it is? Another Carla...LOL Maybe that's what I need, another Pam. I'd like to try anyway. When I saw the top picture I thought, is that a chocolate chip cookie? And now, I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cookie looks delicious, a good pick me up. My daughter likes making herself infused drinks, she often uses cucumber xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never made infused water but made cookies. Yours looks good. Yep cloning would be great sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like infused water but I don't think to make it much. I should do that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard of infused water till now. I made lemonade, does that count? lol...

    I love your answer and I too wish I could clone myself. I think I would clone 5 of me.... I'd make one to look after the yard and garden, one to work at the farm, one to keep the house clean and tidy and do grocery, one to work in the office, and one to take care of my husband.

    I've heard about that book and would love to find time to read it sometime.

    Sorry if I missed your posts. I've been unable to send or receive emails or post on my blog. I couldn't access my reading list, lost contact list and it felt terrible. My daughter Christine has restore my google account settings and that makes me happy again.
    I'll be posting as soon as I have catch up with my regular followers.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of having another one of ourselves to get all the tasks done! That really would be quite useful! Sounds like your garden is absolutely beautiful right now!!!! I do love all the summer blooms and the garden bursting with veggies! Your raspberry water looks beautiful, I love fruit infused water, we had grapefruit lemon last week and it was good and refreshing!!! That cookie looks bakery ready - YUM!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cookie looks incredibly appetizing. I'd like to clone your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The infused water sounds great especially on a hot summer day. I need a clone of me too! Would that not be so great!!!! Have a great Thursday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet your garden looks so beautiful!! What flower do you find the butterflies like best?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, if I could only clone myself! I would love to have help with some things right now, especially with the flower watering. I've never had infused water...it sounds nice and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. An extra pair of hands would be nice sometimes when I get behinder and behinder. And I think the British had the right idea serving tea at 4 and not having dinner until about 7:30 or 8. Of course I'd hate having to clean up the kitchen at 9 at night.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings from the Granite State. It's been a while since my last visit. I'd like a healthier clone of myself but I don't think I could afford the increase in food expenditures. I don't think I know what infused water is but it sounds appealing.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your son is making you cookies? You're certainly doing something right.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super post ...
    Infused water is a good idea.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!