About The River

Monday, January 29, 2018

The Bug


Hello Friends,
I am sorry for missing in action. Our family got "The Bug" that bad bug that everyone is talking about on the news. We got it.
It started with our oldest. He had a high fever, runny nose and no energy. Then our youngest had no energy, a high fever and he developed a terrible cough. 
Busy making soup, doing laundry, making my boys drink water, tea and wanting them to be comfortable. As they started to feel better, I thought to myself, yes, we made it.

Not so, I got cold, cold to the bone. At first I thought it was from the damp air, we had a snow storm on the way. Nope, it was not from damp air. I ended up with a 102 temperature! I was freezing and then so hot I was sweating. I vomited and vomited some more. I coughed and coughed some more. I lost my voice. (some may be happy about that) 

And then my husband got it! He has not missed work in years. He had a 101 temperature. He missed two days of work. It was just awful. 

Back to our regular schedule I say! We all are finally feeling back to the living.

 I have missed you all.

Hope you all are well.
Carla


 

17 comments:

  1. Oh goodness you poor things! I was the only one to succumb in our house. Hope you're feeling much better now but take it easy until you're back to 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flu is so nasty this year. I am glad you are all on the mend now...and that no one ended up in the hospital. Our little CJK has it (he's 5) and I worry about him because he has such a compromised immune system. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, Glad you are all on the mend. This just seems so scary, no one wants to get this new flu. Stay well if you can. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I am so sorry you were all sick with the flu. Hope everyone is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all made it back to the land of the living. I very seldom catch a cold but when I get myself overtired, it never misses, I catch a bad cold.
    I coughed for over a month and had no energy. I only missed one afternoon and one morning shift of barn work but I would return to bed as soon as I made it home.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I am so sorry! Some states have even closed the schools because of this. It is so scary this year. I am just so glad you are all well now!! Beautiful skipper on a zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are all on the road to recovery. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy the snow soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heard it was bad!! Glad you’re feeling better! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you and your family were under the weather. But I'm glad you're feeling better and back to blogging. I hope I won't get this one. Yuck! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Carla take care of yourself. This flu going around is so dangerous. Stay home and hope all of you begin to feel better soon. I wish I lived closer to bring over some homemade Chicken soup.
    Sending well wishes.
    xoox
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are all on the mend. I am hoping that we caught that version sometime in September. My spouse brought it back from Las Vegas and we were sick a couple of weeks. It started with horrible aches and then an unrelenting cough. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds awful! So glad you are all feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, how horrible, but glad you’re all feeling better now xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor you, Carla. I'm sending you a cup of lemon-ginger tea and a slice of chocolate cake. I'm holding off on the hug until you are all bug-free :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. ((Hugs)) Oh my, hope things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!