About The River

Friday, November 25, 2011

Wisconsin Cranberries Pt 3

Cranberry Cake
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter 
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
Whipped cream, optional
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract ;beat 2 minutes. Stir in flour just until combined. Stir in the cranberries. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
  Enjoy!
Atticus loves this cake! He asks me to make it every week! It is a great breakfast cake, dessert or after school snack!

3 comments:

  1. Aha! Great idea. I knew I was going to love it when I read 'almond extract.' Makes almost everything better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. My family would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought fresh cranberries today as I found them in my local store and remembered you had me inspired to try them last year. So, I have been scrolling through all your posts tagged with recipe, and I do not think I bought nearly enough cranberries! This one might be up first to try though. You have so many wonderful sounding cranberry recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!