About The River

Friday, November 25, 2011

Wisconsin Cranberries Pt 3

Cranberry Cake
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter 
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
Whipped cream, optional
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract ;beat 2 minutes. Stir in flour just until combined. Stir in the cranberries. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
  Enjoy!
Atticus loves this cake! He asks me to make it every week! It is a great breakfast cake, dessert or after school snack!

3 comments:

  1. Aha! Great idea. I knew I was going to love it when I read 'almond extract.' Makes almost everything better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. My family would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought fresh cranberries today as I found them in my local store and remembered you had me inspired to try them last year. So, I have been scrolling through all your posts tagged with recipe, and I do not think I bought nearly enough cranberries! This one might be up first to try though. You have so many wonderful sounding cranberry recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...