Welcome to the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?
Patience - noun
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
Wednesday of last week our first born son, received his drivers permit. Having him driving me around, is definitely putting a test to my patience.
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).
I think it is something you learn as you grow. I am much more patient today.
I asked my husband, he says I am a 7.
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
I felt like I was flying on Sunday when my son was speeding down the hill on HWY 8.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
I'll Fly Away
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?
Our Picnic Basket
Carrots and Celery
And our destination for our picnic, a lovely Autumn hike in Wisconsin.
6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?
I am spoiled and my husband takes care of most of this. We have a This Old House and we have plumbed, gutted and put new walls in, added outlets to rooms that only had one and this year we took a stab at landscaping.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
A brand new vehicle.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Any advice for a mom who is the passenger of her sweet first born son, who is speeding down a hill.
This driver's ed thing and me, it is not a loving time.
GULP...hope I am here next week.