|Christmas Eve Snow bunny!|
Happy New Year
It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
This year we traveled to my parents farm for the Christmas holiday. We were able to stay with my family for four days, which was very special. Spending time together was the favorite memory for me.
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
My mom made a homemade cheese danish, it was delicious.
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
We had fresh snow on December 23rd. We went out for a cross country ski the morning of December 24th. The woods was beautiful.
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
Each day brings a fresh start. We can do our best each day, try something new or continue to learn and grow at something we already know.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
I would give my 2016 a solid 8!
Regarding personal achievement, I wanted to sell my fresh cut flower bouquets at a farmers market. I did that June - September of 2016. I had ups and downs in the process. I learned many lessons, made new friends and grew more confident in what I am doing.
Regarding well being, my boys are growing up. We had many changes in our home during 2016 with our oldest son achieving his drivers license and now working part time. I have to soak in all the fun family times and remind myself to let go a little each day as well.
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.
Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
Go ahead and banish them all!
I am old school ... I do not like the word (Ain't) ... because from my school day
"Ain't is not a word"
I will add ain't to the list.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
I have two closets I want to clean and organize.
Some of the items are school projects from the boys elementary days. It is time to organize, decided what to keep, toss and well you know .... :-)
8. Insert your own random thought here.