About The River

Friday, March 24, 2017

On The Road Friday ~ Como Park Zoo and Conservatory

Welcome to On The Road Friday!
March 1st our family took a day off and headed to St. Paul, Minnesota.
We visited the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory.

Again, using inspiration from my blog friend Julie at JulieLou
we created a photo scavenger hunt for our boys.
Julie shared this idea on one of her posts. My boys enjoy taking photos. What a fun way to challenge them and make a fun game out of the adventure.


 26 photos
Both of my boys did not do the selfie. 
They take after mom, I am not a selfie girl.
We had to put Selfie on the list for a chuckle.
As they read over the list both of them said, "What? A selfie! No way!"


  Me, capturing my Sam, taking a photo for the Scavenger Hunt.

I am going to do three blog post sharing the beauty and wonder of Como Park.
This week I will share with you Atticus' photos.

Exploring Como Park Zoo and Conservatory with Atticus


 Yellow Bird


 Exploring the Fern Room


 Beautiful


This room smelled wonderful.


 One of my favorites that Atticus captured.


 Water setting inside the flower.


 I love how he captured the water.


 Strolling thru the Zoo.
The tigers enjoying a Winter day outside.

 

One of Atticus' favorite photos that he took.

Thank you for joining me today for part one of the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory.

15 comments:

  1. I LOVED this!! It's the kind of thing I would do with my kids (back in the day). And didn't they have a wonderful time! I love all the photos and the great homeschooling adventure in the photo scavenger hunt. That water photo looks like an alligator is just under the surface! xoxo Tell the guys that I said 'great job!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.. pictures of flowers are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this is awesome. I like how you take the boys on these adventures of discoveries with a hands on perspective. I'm sure they will remember these delightful experiences for a lifetime.
    Kudos to you Carla for being such a great guide for your boys.
    I always enjoy your adventures.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did so good! The photos are beautiful and mysterious. I love all the purple flowers! The water photo is so cool! That must be a reflection in it. But a very unusual one. What on earth is the unusual leaf with the pods on it? The photo hunt is such a cool idea! Can't wait to see the next ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Such gorgeous pictures by Sam and Atticus. Looks like a lovely way to spend a day. Sending prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lucky you! That is an amazing place, isn't it?! I saw it last summer at the Garden Bloggers' Fling. Need to get back there... Photo hunt = fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun activity - and such gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazing mom, Carla. I admire your family life. I think you really know how to enjoy God's beautiful creation while making lasting memories. Atticus's photos are splendid! I'm trying to identify the flowering vine in the fifth photo. It looks so familiar, but the name escapes me. Do you know it? xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful photo's from such a wonderful place!
    I especially love the water photo as well! Well done, Atticus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys always take such fun trips and I love the scavenger hunt idea! I haven't been to a zoo in years....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got to visit the zoo. Amazing sights to see and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow some amazing photos from your outing. I'd love to visit the zoo again - relive my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEA-U-TI-FUL photos. So looking forward for Spring to come around here. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed seeing all of your photo's.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I need to take a road trip here! Such a fun place. Thanks for sharing, Carla!!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!