About The River

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Easter 2019 ~ The Annual Easter Cake ~

Easter 2019
Easter 2019 was a little different for us this year. Our extended family was traveling to visit other family. Our oldest son is finishing his training at Fort Gordon, Georgia. It was was just the three of us. That did not stop me from doing the Annual TePaske Easter Cake. 
One.. Two .. Three.. here it is.. 
  
We put a slice in the freezer for Sam to enjoy when he comes home.

I used Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies recipe Click here to find the recipe.
It was delicious, all three of us gave the frosting recipe a thumbs up. 

 We decided to do something different for Easter since it was just the three of us. We headed to the city. We went to  Como Park Zoo and Conservatory located in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I will do an On The Road Friday post with more photos of our adventure. 


 It was a lovely day. 70 degrees, sunshine and a slight breeze. As we walked in the park, a butterfly flew right in front of me and settled down on the trail we were walking. 
Happy Easter to you and Spring is here is what that butterfly was saying!

 Let's Go Fly a Kite
They are hard to pick out in my photo, I was using my phone camera. If you really peek, you can pick out three kites flying in the sky. Several people came to fly kites at the park.


 The Sunken Garden was all Spring!
It smelled so good in the Sunken Garden. It was just beautiful. 


 I hope you all had a lovely Easter Holiday.

Carla
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Hi Carla,
    So glad the three of you could enjoy the day on Easter. The weather was so fabulous for us too. The cake is so cute. Sam will enjoy some when he gets home. Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good day even though it was just the 3 of you. The cake looks yummy and those flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see all three kites! Your cake is so cute! This last flower is beautiful. Can't wait till your Friday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time and got to get out and about for Easter! Your cake is adorable...I love it!! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable cake, Carla, and the flowers are so pretty. I'm glad you had a lovely Easter weekend, even with missing Sam.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like how our Easters have been for the past few years...just a few of us. We went to Brooklyn to visit our oldest for the weekend and had a great time! College girl had finals and she'll be home on Friday! You always come up with the cutest bunny cakes! I'm glad you saved a piece for Sam. I can't wait to see your zoo adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Carla! It looks like you had fun - I love the Como Zoo. Were the animals enjoying the nice weather? I haven't flow a kite in years! What a great idea! We've been seeing those butterflies around our house, too. The cake looks really yummy - good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cake, Carla and the fact that you saved a piece for Sam. Some traditions are too important to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet that you saved a piece for Sam...that sounds just like you! I'm glad you had nice weather to enjoy an outing this weekend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake looks good and a great idea to save a piece for Sam.
    Loved seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cake. Sounds like you had a perfect day! So glad you saved some cake for Sam to enjoy when he gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake is adorable Carla. Glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so honored that you used my frosting on your Annual Easter Cake, and absolutely delighted that it got three thumbs up! I miss going to Como so much. It was always so relaxing to walk through there.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!