About The River

Friday, July 20, 2018

On the Road Friday ~ May 19th Plant Sale



Today we are going back in time to May 19th, to the North Country Master Gardner's plant sale.
 2018 was my first year to help with my garden group preparation for the Plant Sale. It was also the first year for our garden group to offer the Pollinator Six Pack.
I helped decide what plants to offer for the Pollinator Six Pack at the sale and created the educational posters and handouts.


 The day of the sale was May 19th also the day of the Royal Wedding. We added a few props around to celebrate.


  
The six pack containers are from a local Liquor Store, this is the Wine Six Pack. We found that our pots our plants are in, fit nice in the six pack. We created the Pollinator Six Pack .. six different plants to bloom all season and that attract pollinators.

 We are ready!
We also sell tomatoes and peppers. As you can see from the line outside waiting for the doors to open our garden group as a good reputation for quality tomatoes and peppers. 

We sold out of our Pollinator Six Packs. I was so happy it was a success. You always wonder when you try something new, so I was so happy people are excited about adding pollinator plants to their gardens.

Thank you for going way back in time with me to May 19th as I shared the plant sale, On The Road Friday.

12 comments:

  1. That does look like an amazing success! Love that you used the wine packs for the sets!! Smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was exciting to have such a great turnout. You arranged your display so beautifully. I enjoyed seeing your photos. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah so glad you had success with your pollinators. I love the wedding theme to your sale too. How fun.
    So happy this was a great success Carla. Happy Friday and have a beautiful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! The idea of just having an expert choose for you, and you are done! I think it makes plant shopping much less stressful. The wine 6 packs are perfect, and makes it all so easy to carry. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wine 6 packs idea! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a nice turn out. I like the use of the six packs.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that things turned out so lovely and successful for your plant sale. It truly shows your leadership skills. Good for you and good for everyone. I think it is a fabulous idea. We all need to help the bees help us.
    Big hug. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at that line, you must have been so excited. So awesome to get such a turn out, and that you sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These posts always make me wish we lived closer. I would be on that line for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great idea and it looks like you had a really good turnout. There is just nothing like plant lovers gathered together, is there?! Hope you have a great week ahead of you, Carla. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's wonderful, Carla! It seems more and more people are realizing the importance of gardening for pollinators. That's a great program! (I'm just catching up with visiting blogs after spending a few days in Door County and then getting back into the regular swing.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good turn out, so pleased things went well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!