It is Wednesday, time to join up with the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
Autumn hiking. It is our favorite September activity.
We also visit Cain's Apple Orchard in September. It is our favorite Apple Orchard.
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
I asked me husband to answer this for me.
He answered, " you are a natural talker. Not sure the word for it, but you are a natural talker.
You can talk to anyone."
Someone who can just talk to anyone. It is easy for me to talk to people.
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
Language...I am so tired of hearing the Fword in my community.
I heard two people saying the Fword trying to pick out a flavor of cereal at the grocery store.
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
Our garden has done very well this year. I am busy trying new recipes. I am pickling cucumbers and beans. I am even thinking of trying Dilly Carrots.
I planted a grape vine two years ago. The grapes are almost ready and our vines are loaded with clusters of grapes.
An eager beaver, that is me.
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
We do not go to the movies often.
My stomach does not agree with theater popcorn. I usually do have a drink.
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
I agree. I honestly think we need to be exercising our mind so we can keep our minds fresh.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
In April we had to have our basement wall replaced.
After the wall was in place and all was done. We had a mess to clean up.
We cleaned our basement!
My husband and I sorted and cleared away stuff that had been sitting around.
It was not all that fun at the start. It felt great when we finished. We really gave our basement a good cleaning and got rid of a lot of stuff we did not need.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What is your favorite apple?