It is Wednesday, it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks us the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?
We recently discovered Foyle's War.
If you like British drama, you will enjoy Foyle's War.
I have 'fallen for', Foyle, I love his character.
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?
We recently visited a shop that has just about every Ritter Sport variety.
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?
I love tart and crisp apples.
I love having an apple as a mid day snack.
My husband makes a delicious homemade caramel.
My favorite apple is HoneyGold.
4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
I think they missed Northern Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is beautiful in all seasons, but out does herself with Autumn color.
This is our neighbors tree. It is beautiful each and every Autumn.
I have enjoyed several trips to Upper Michigan to enjoy the Autumn colors.
I would pick the Green Mountain Byway Vermont.
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
The first step I would take is ask our local police officers if this is a good idea. Also our paramedics and other medical staff that has to deal with when the use of marijuana has been used for recreational use...what has been the outcome?
Sadly, two years ago, about four miles from our home, a 'recreational' drug party was going on. A young man had some sort of drug. He left the party, he walked right into the Highway and a Semi Truck hit him.
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?
I have to start from the beginning.
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
Our family loves to pick on my sister for her use of the exclamation mark in her Christmas letters!!
She uses them in just about every sentence!!
I know I make punctuation mistakes, so I do not get bugged by others!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wishing you all a great weekend.
I will be taking a short blog break.
Get out and enjoy the first weekend of Autumn.