About The River

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Monarch Love and it is the Hodgepodge



It is Wednesday. It is time for the Hodgepodge.
 Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun.





  1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?

I was working during the eclipse. When I returned to the kitchen with my Meals on Wheels travel totes, my co worker was looking up with her fun 2017 Solar Eclipse glasses. She let me take a peek. It was fun. I think it really is amazing!!

Sunkist orange for me! I love oranges.

 2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

'over the moon'
I am in love with all the flowers in my garden.

Each and every garden season is different. My flowers are doing so well. My zinnia are so thick and the stems are strong. Sweet peas, oh my, my first year growing sweet peas and the fragrance is so wonderful.

'once in a blue moon'
I will shoot trap with my boys. My boys are on a trap shooting team. They love it. I do not really enjoy shooting, but I will do it once in a blue moon just to be with my boys. I love how they coach me. I do try, but I am just not gifted in shooting. 


3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?

I am interested in insets. Butterflies are number one on the list. 
We just finished hatching two monarch butterflies.




 4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?

New clothes, shoes, backpack, lunch box, books and teachers. 

 5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

Family ~ the love for my husband and boys.
Home ~ home is where my heart is.
Love ~ I think the world simply needs more love.
Faith ~ I have faith. 
Gratitude ~ I am thankful for all I have been blessed with.


6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

 Our youngest had an accident while wood working. He cut into his tendon. 
We met with a surgeon today, he confirmed all will heal on its own, no surgery required. We are so thankful. If the cut would have been just a wee bit deeper it would have been surgery. 
Atticus will be in a splint for four weeks. 
He is doing well and in good spirits.




 

22 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was QUITE scary when he hurt himself! Thank goodness he won't need surgery- that's a story he can share when he heads back to school! When do they start? My girls head back 8/30, it's been a wonderful, joyful Summer! Lots of memory making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Atticus started back to school yet? Bless him! But I know you're thankful no surgery is needed. Your bouquet of pink flowers are so beautiful! I wish I could subscribe to your flower subscription service!

    As for me? Being a Southern Girl it's all about the Moon Pies!

    Have a great Wednesday!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, I am so sorry about your son hurting himself, but praise the Lord it will heal! What a scare!

    Thanks for the fun post. My son and I watched the eclipse and oh, what a delight it was :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your son will be okay! My grandfather was a carpenter and my husband is in construction so I know what a jolt those injuries can be until we find out they are not so bad as they seem.

    Your flowers are gorgeous! I think every growing thing is doing incredibly well this year. My tomato plants are so laden with green tomatoes that I have some of them staked and/or propped up three times over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor Atticus!! I hope that's not his shooting hand? All your flowers are gorgeous (as your entire backyard!), but those sweetpeas just stole my heart. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your beautiful flowers. I know how scary that is when someone cuts themselves. So glad it wasn't any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The eclipse missed us completely. It was sunny all day here.
    I'm sorry about Aticus' injury but considering what you said, it could have been worst. I'm glad he didn't need surgery.

    My oh my, your flowers are so pretty. I grew sweet peas once, years ago. They smell devine.

    Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I forgot. Congratulations on successfully hatching 2 Monarch butterflies. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are just beautiful, and I am sure bringing you so much happiness. So glad your son won't need surgery, hope it hasn't put him off word working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness that injury certainly looks dramatic. I'm glad it didn't require surgery but must be making things awkward for him. Your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a pretty large splint for a little finger! Can he shower? So cool about your butterflies! I guess they are migrating about now. Your bouquet is stunning! I love the color combination! you are surely a Master Gardener now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sorry about the finger accident! I hope it wasn't too painful. Glad no surgery is needed! Happy hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cool that you shoot with your boys!!! So sorry about the accident - ouchie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Owie! I bet that hurt. Hope his fingers starts to heal and feel better. I love butterflies especially Monarchs. They are gorgeous creatures. Happy Thursday. Have a great rest of the week Carla.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Re: Atticus...Ouch! and Ewww! I'm glad that it wasn't more serious. I pray he has a complete healing and a quick recovery. Watching the butterflies become butterflies must have been exciting. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely flower shots. Glad your child is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness, I took a sharp intake of breath when I saw the hand bandaged!!!
    So pleased to read all will heal well ... sending positive thoughts for a speedy healing.

    Your flower picture is wonderful, the colours are so lovely.
    Love the butterflies too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh thank goodness he doesn't need surgery. I am sure he's not happy about four weeks in a splint and at the beginning of school though. Here's to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't watch. Mark got to take a peek through someone's glasses at work. Your right, the caterpillar to a butterfly is absolutely amazing. I love your five word. Quick healing for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you order your new clothes from catalogs "back in the day"? I can remember doing that!!
    How is Atticus healing?
    I am going to start a batch of cookies now... Your Sugar Cookies! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh boy! Always something at your place!! That's good he doesn't need surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your flower picture is wonderful, the colours are so lovely.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!