About The River

Monday, April 2, 2018

Play Ball

Baseball season has started! I love baseball.
I enjoy listening to the game on the radio.
 Bob Uecker is one of the reasons I enjoy listening.
Bob is 84 years old and still is calling Milwaukee Brewer games.

He did have a scare this past Autumn. After the season he was at his home in Arizona. He was replacing a burned out light bulb in an outdoor fixture, when he was bite by a recluse spider.


Thankfully he healed from the bite and is back to calling games for us in the 2018 season.

Speaking about baseball, that brings me to baseball movies.

My boys waiting to get a ball signed.
Do you have a favorite baseball movie?

I started to think about my favorite baseball movies, wow, my list started to grow.

Here are a few of mine ..

The Natural
42
Sandlot
Field of Dreams

 
 
Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.
 

13 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Carla. I read up on the recluse spider bite and the long recovery time for Bob. Wow.
    I'm glad that you enjoy baseball. I used to play baseball in school but I'm not a sport fan probably because my husband isn't one, so we never watch baseball games.
    Enjoy the new season.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sports and it's fun to follow a team...or two! My mother in law LOVES baseball. I'll have to ask her who she roots for. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I love baseball better than any other sports. I remember watching on Saturdays with daddy. (today would be my dad's 93 birthday) I miss that him so much. He loved baseball very much. I would say Sand Lot is a favorite of mine also. My grandson would want to watch just about every time I was at his house when he was a little tike. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to enjoy the Atlanta Braves when I was in Georgia. Enjoy the baseball season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pride Of The Yankees with Gary Cooper. A classic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carla. I love a nice baseball game and sitting in the stands with the sunshine and watching a good game.
    That is summer to me. Wow about Bob Uecker. I actually was bit by a brown recluse spider about 20 years ago. I remember having to go the ER and get on heavy duty antibiotics. I was so sick from that spider bite.
    My all time baseball movie is A League of Their Own. Based on a true story and it had such a wonderful cast. Have a great new week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of baseball, though Jerry is :-) However I do like the movies especially field of dreams. Hope you had a lovely Easter!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad he recovered from that bite! Nice statue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Cracker Jacks in the store just the other week and had to buy some. I haven't had them in years! Quite a few baseball movies I have enjoyed, but I would have to say my favorite is A League of Their Own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow a few sports but know nothing about baseball. Except for the Kevin Costner movies, of course :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love listening to a baseball game on the radio, reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad was a huge baseball fanatic and we used to listen to the Red Sox. I’ve always wanted to go to Fenway to see a game but have never been yet. Do you know I’ve never seen one of those baseball movies on your list? I liked Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon and I remember seeing Major League. I need to watch some of the ones you mentioned! I’m playing catch up on your blog today, I’ve missed a lot!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!