About The River

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Happy Easter and it is The Hodgepodge

Happy Easter

It is Wednesday! That means it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.

 
 1. What's a word that describes your life? A word you wish described your life?
What's a word that describes your life .. MUD!
What is a word you wish described your life .. DRY!
 
Ah we are in MUD season in Northwest Wisconsin. As a mom to boys, oh MUD season.
 
 Trying to get out to the yard barn, hang on to your boots. Our yard takes FOREVER to dry in early Spring.
I try so hard to be patient.
But it is so hard for an out of doors kind of girl, who can not wait to start cleaning the yard and get in the garden.
 
 
2. Back in my day we___________________________________?
We paid .99 cents for gas.
 
 3. When it comes to takeout are you more likely to opt for Italian, Mexican, or Chinese food? Does a typical week at your house include takeout?
Pizza!
We will do pizza.
We very seldom do take out here at this house. 
 
 4. Think about the people you most respect. What is it about them that earned your respect?
 The dedication they have to helping others. Taking time to help answer questions and taking time to really listen.

 5. What's something your friends might see and say is 'so you'?
 FLOWERS!

 6.  Insert your own random thought here. 


Years past Easter Cakes .. this has become a tradition for our family. I will try to make a bunny cake for our Easter celebration.
 

Last year I made Bunny Butt Cupcakes. 
Can you see the bunny sneaking down into his bunny nest. 
 

22 comments:

  1. I love your bunny cakes. Have a wonderful week and glorious Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post, Carla. I love your bunny tradition and oh, the cupcakes are just too cute!

    Have a beautiful day, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mud here too. I think it's a constant in a country spring. Door yards become quagmires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My doggies LOVE mud. Your bunny cakes are darling. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bunny cake. And yes, flowers are SO YOU, Carla. :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cupcakes : ) My sister is making a Hummingbird Cake to bring to my house for dessert. It feels very Easter-y with the citrus and coconut flavors both. That mud sounds trying, but before long you'll be back in the garden I'm sure. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bunny cake! I made the very second one over 10 years ago. But yours is prettier. The bunny butt is so cute! I love your peek inside the tulip! I bet you seem just a bit lost in the winter, with no flowers anywhere. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mud describes my life here too at the farm. I'm so anxious for green grass to grow but not the mosquitos.

    I love your bunny cakes. A great tradition. The bunny cupcakes are cute.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun - bunny cakes! Love the bunny butts - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza! Me too...I could eat it every single day. Right now I'm on a Sicilian kick. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers and pizza. You are my kind of gal, Carla. Happy Easter, my friend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very wet here too and my front yard still has snow! I love your bunny cakes. Flowers are SO you! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember the mud very well and I remember all the dog poops that would show up as the snow was melting!! Whatever anyone is paying around the country for gas we have and added tax here in CA that is over $1.00 per gallon. I love traditions! Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, the mud.... I am so looking forward to green grass and dry ground!!! Happy Easter to you and your family! I am looking forward to seeing your Easter cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bunny cakes are so adorable. Enjoy this weekend. Happy Easter.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness I love the bunny butt cupcakes!!! I can't imagine a mud season. Although it's been raining here all day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh- I HATE the mud we get here, too, Carla. It is part of Spring but still miserable. I hope you have a great, blessed Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those bunny edibles! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to read your hodgepodge.
    I like the bunny cakes and the flowers - gorgeous.

    Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your bunny cakes! Can’t wait to see what you do this year! We do pizza on occasion as well, not too often because Riley is dairy free and pizza without the cheese as well… Just not as good! I hope you and your beautiful family have a very happy Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bunny Easter cake is so cute! Happy Easter Carla, to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope your mud clears up soon and that you had a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!