About The River

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First grill of 2011

We always put our grill away at the end of October. In April we pull it out again. We get very excited for the first grill night. Last week, we had our first grill...Pork Chops. YUM!
Our grill will be 14 years old in May. We got it as a wedding present. No, I do not grill. I should say, I do not usually get to grill. I do grill, but usually when my hubby is not looking or not home. All in fun. When Jeremy and I got married, he asked if he could be the one to grill. I did not have a problem with that. A lesson learned early in our marriage, I opened the grill to see how things were cooking. I thought it I was safe, I did not see Jeremy.
 Oops, not really a good idea. :)  Jeremy was watching,he gently asked me what I was doing. :-) I smiled and laughed lightly. No harm done! Jeremy is the grill master in the family. He does a great job! 
His trick to making the best GRILLED PORK CHOPS - he cuts the bone out, to make them boneless. I will share more of his tricks as the grill season continues.
We serve the pork chops with fried potatoes and a salad.

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I'll have to go brush the snow off the grill and try grilling my own pork! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our grill is always out on Thanksgiving. My husband grills our turkey every year! Talk about a time saver for me and more time for the fun part...pies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've got a hankering for something grilled. The grill is kind of an afterthought for me. I pass it every day on the way to the garage and pretty much forget we have one. Your pictures are good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!