About The River

Monday, March 5, 2012

Things I hear

We have a new friend, who recently lost his wife. He helped us plan our route to Texas. We still use maps. (Call us Vintage! or strange) We love maps. We are teaching our kids to read maps too. They like to have a map tucked close to them to track how far we are to our destination or what town is coming up. As our friend was busy helping us plan our route, he reminisced how his wife loved to be his co pilot. But she was hard on maps. She could not fold them and simply was hard on them. Sometimes he got irritated with her. Today, he said, "I wish she was here to be my co pilot. I would not care how rough she was on the map."

Love is God's greatest gift!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, isn't that sweet! And so true, I'm sure. And by the way, reading a road map is a great skill to teach your boys. So glad you're doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always a terrible map reader...but better, I figured ...than hubby, who liked to glance it over while driving. Impossible...especially while I jerked it back...ha ha. Love is more precious than we will ever know this side of it all. I believe that.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!