About The River

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Grandma's Best Hot Chocolate


Is it cold out where you live? We had -27 when I woke up today. Yuck. I can not go skiing today. It is to cold. Instead, I will play games with my boys and sip Grandma's Best Hot Chocolate.

 
Grandma's Best Hot Chocolate
3 1/3 cups milk
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Combine milk, vanilla and cinnamon stick in saucepan over medium - low heat. Bring to a gentle boil. Add chocolate chips and whisk until milk is frothy and chocolate is melted.
Discard cinnamon stick.
Pour into warmed mugs and if desired top with whipped cream or marshmallows.




What are your plans for the New Years Eve? 
 
 I wish you a fun time and happy blessings for 2014!

Happy New Year ~ 2014 is here!


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds delicious! It's not nearly as cold here, but still chilly when I woke up. I think it was 16 degrees this morning. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Carla, to you & your family. We have no plans other than to stay warm & cozy. I just am getting over a cold/virus and that is a blessing. Tomorrow we might take the trees down and have pork & saurkraut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your are going to be Truckin' Mans hero! I let us run out of hot cocoa mix, and I am not running to town just for that. Pinning this for everyone to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!