About The River

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Life is a Highway Hodgepodge


It is Wednesday, time for the Hodgepodge.

Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.



 1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?

When was the last time you relocated? 18 years ago...we moved for my husband to start his career at Smithco West. Our family helped us move. It was a two hour drive from the community we were living in before moving to Cameron. 
At this time, we are happy to stay put. Our boys are settled here with great friends, a supportive church community and a great little town to live in.
When we move I know I will enjoy visiting a new library, grocery stores, other little stores and learning about the community.
My least favorite thing is the packing and unpacking.

 2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.

I had an argument with my husband. I was hot, tired and nothing seemed to be going right. I got angry with him, because he is to fix it. Right! 
I cried angry tears during the argument and I cried happy tears after the argument.

 3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?

We like to stick with simple snack foods, that are not too messy. We ventured off on a road trip this past weekend. Nuts, fresh carrots, fresh cucumber slices and graham crackers were all go to snacks.

 4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.


Life is a Highway
From the movie Cars
Rascal Flatts

 5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?

The bank.

 6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?

 
 It all depends on the decision I am making.
When it comes to what flavor of ice cream cone I want, I more often than not fall into the "lost" category. So many good flavors to pick from.
Hee Hee
 I usually think about my answer.


7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?





We were on our way to the Science Museum in St. Paul, Minnesota. Downtown is under road construction, we got lost in the city. We asked a helpful  St. Paul  resident for help. Yippee, he gave us perfect directions. We made it to the Science Museum and enjoyed the special exhibit, Journey to Space.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Soak in the last days of Summer!

16 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try this....Such a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no sense of direction and get lost often but I usually find my way easily after taking the wrong lane.
    I only moved once and we used the farm wagon to move 2 minutes away from where we were and have been here for 38 years.

    have a great day Carla.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun questions this week! I like the pretty photo of you....you won't get lost will you? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your answer to "He who hesitates is lost." I used to think that was true, but now I think that if we open our mouths too quickly, it may not do us good. I love that last picture. It's such a fun one and a treasure for sure.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of you!! I cry when I get mad also, which makes me madder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to soak them up. I'm at the beach right now! Love the photos and I always love learning more about you in these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely last photo that is and the caption " Soak in the last days of Summer " just fits so well.

    But where is this year dis-appearing too, it certainly is flying by.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely last photo that is and the caption " Soak in the last days of Summer " just fits so well.

    But where is this year dis-appearing too, it certainly is flying by.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pic of your boys. Soaking up along our river tomorrow with the grands. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well aren't you pretty! It's so nice to see your face! :) I am trying to soak in summer, too. I am so not ready to go back to the chill of winter...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love these and your pic is adorable, what a fabulous smile! So I think your go to car snacks are
    similar to ours, yum! We grabbed strawberries, cukes, snapea crisps, so easy and good for road trips. I have to say my Drive Thru is Dunkin Donuts for my iced coffee (black)!
    I also agree we all need to SOAK
    In the last days of Summer! It has gone to quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Hodgepodge, Carla. My hesitation when making a decision would present itself when Carla asked me how many scoops of homemade peach ice cream I wanted. I think Bobby had the most honest answer: the whole bowl! Lol Love the photo of you in the car!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much fun is this! I love posts like this because you get to know the blogger a little bit more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photo's! Is the bottom one Lake Superior?
    I had to giggle over "happy tears", Cliff doesn't understand those and is always worried when I have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Great answers! It really does help me to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!