About The River

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Small Business Saturday and The Winner Is ....

Happy Small Business Saturday
Do you have a favorite small business?
Do you have a favorite local shop you like to do business?


 First observed in the United States on November 27, 2010, it is a counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which feature big box retail and e-commerce stores respectively. By contrast, Small Business Saturday encourages holiday shoppers to patronize brick and mortar businesses that are small and local. Small Business Saturday is a registered trademark of American Express.

My small business started in 2013. It is just a wee little business, for one person to handle. I do not make enough money to support our family, just enough to continue to have fun spreading joy and flowers. My goal for 2018 is to continue to deliver flowers and smiles.

 The winner of the Small Business Saturday giveaway is Jessica of Barefoot by the Sea

Thank you to all who entered the Small Business Giveaway.
  

13 comments:

  1. Love small businesses. I have several friends that have businesses and I so love going in to see what I can find. Although I am not a fan of crowds I probably will not be going today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful. And look at the size of the sunflowers! I hope you will get lots of orders today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love small businesses {{smiles}} A lot of times the items sold are ever so beautiful and unique.

    I hope you and yours had a nice Thanksgiving. Hugs to you, sweet Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're shopping Small Business Saturday today.....Applause Dance Wear for our eldest daughter's ballet class. I think your business is so wonderful. I'd subscribe if I lived close by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am shopping small business Saturday today too. I love to support local business. I know you make each and every person you deliver flowers too so happy. That is really a great gift from your heart and hands.
    Congrats to Jessica.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I always shop at least one of my favorite small businesses on SBS. I don't shop on Black Friday (too crazy for me), but Cyber Monday is fun. I'm sure you'll meet your goals for 2018. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jessica!!!
    That is interesting that Small Business Saturday has only been around since 2010. I thought I just became aware of it in Viroqua in 2011, but I guess I wasn't as late to joining in as I had thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the winner. Bravo for sticking with your plan on growing your small business.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small businesses are great, more personalised service, often unique or hand made products. Well done to you for being brave enough to start yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winner and to you my friend on your budding business. May it grow and grow. (I couldn't help myself! 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations to Jessica.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!