About The River

Friday, January 10, 2020

On the Road Friday ~ A 12/12 Birthday in Green Bay, Wisconsin

For my birthday this year my sister and mom treated me to a trip to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
 It was quick trip because the weather turned ugly and we needed to venture home before things got worse. We traveled to Green Bay on my birthday 12/12. We visited the Atrium at Lambeau Field. We had a lovely dinner at 1919 and ended the evening with a concert.

 Even if you are not a football fan, you will find the Lambeau Field Atrium unique and a fun experience. There are three different tour options.
Your destination for everything Packers!

Experience the Hall of Fame
Take a Stadium Tour
Dine at 1919 Kitchen and Tap
Shop at the Packers Pro Shop



 Everything is decorated in Green and Gold even the Christmas trees.



 My mom and sister.. I am looking down from the big football.


 I loved this truck in the gift shop.

 Hey.. It is me on the field.
You are able to take fun photos in front of the mural.


 Off to dinner we go to 1919. Many of you know blogger Nana Diana.. she happens to have a 12/12 birthday too and she lives in Green Bay. Before heading on my trip I asked her advice for fun places to eat in Green Bay. One of the many she suggested was 1919.
 

1919 is decorated with rustic wooden tables and shares notable moments from Packers history, including retired jersey numbers, unforgettable plays and historic firsts.
Gleaming copper pipes lead to 80 taps, serving nearly 40 varieties of beer. An open - concept kitchen invites glimpses of sizzling sears and saute's.




 My birthday dessert. Yum!



It is off to the concert. We attended Swing for the Holidays .. Featuring Duke Ellington's Nutcracker Suite at the Weidner Center.
It was the Nutcracker Jazz style.
Featured Vocalist Courtney Sherman was amazing. It was a special 12/12 birthday event for me.

Thank you for coming along with me to Green Bay, Wisconsin!
 

17 comments:

  1. What fun! And how cool that you had another blogger to advise you! The Christmas trees are beautiful! I love seeing YOU, you are looking so pretty! The sandwich is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best t-shirt ever

    https://www.redbubble.com/people/elfsellingsouls/works/39273061-plant-a-tree?p=long-t-shirt&ref=available_products

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to spend a birthday! Love that big mural and the photo of you in front! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Carla. Happy Birthday. What a great birthday treat for you. The food looks so yummy.
    Love the big mural for you to get picks in front. Enjoy the weekend. I am sure you are getting hit with all the snow and freezing rain like us. I guess our Spring temps are gone and January is finally arriving this weekend for us. I know you have had a lot more snow than we have but this freezing stuff this morning and high winds and cold are not fun.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip for your birthday. Thanks for sharing. Wish you could send some of the dessert too lol. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy and belated birthday. What a neat trip to do with you sister and mum. I like the idea of birthdays being about experiences and memories rather than always a physical gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you had fun here, Carla. Lambeau really is special. The kids all love the new extension with the skating park and the sledding hill. I have dropped the older grandgirls and friends off there. It is well run and fun. Not sure if you had ever been to the Weidner before but, it, too, is amazing, isn't it? It is designed like Carnegie Hall and you can actually hear a pin drop on a quiet stage! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trip used to work in Green Bay, and he liked to go to the games. He said that the people their drank more beer than he's ever seen in his life! He would bring us home curds.

    I enjoyed seeing your fun photos. Happy Belated Birthday, and I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun times! I've never eaten at 1919, but I've been to Lambeau many times. I grew up in Shawano, about 40 miles from Green Bay. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom and sis. :) Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that sounds like a fun time! I love all the photos and the food looks delicious!
    Will you be watching the game today? What a great way to celebrate your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful birthday celebration you had, That birthday dessert looks so delicious.
    Happy birthday.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Considering tonight s big Packer game, I found your tour most interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dessert looks amazing, and the concert sounds like fun! Good luck to the Packers tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! I will definitely keep 1919 in mind when we travel to Green Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated!! And how fun...that dessert looks amazing!! I bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like such a fun birthday adventure. Your dessert looked amazing! Happy Belated Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many belated happy birthday wishes to you …
    Looks and sounds as if you had such a great day :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!