About The River

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

It is a Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Hodgepodge

 

Little me and my mom.

Hello Friends, it is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Here we go!

Click here to join the fun!

 1. Did you watch the coronation of King Charles III? Share some of your thoughts about that, or about the royal family in general.

 I did watch some highlights. I do love the tradition. I enjoyed watching the anthem, God Save The King.

2. What are you the uncrowned queen of? 

 My pie crust.

 3. In a box of chocolates which one do you usually go for?

 I will be the first to snatch any of the caramel.

 4. Something learned at your mother's knee? 

 Preserving foods. Cooking up jams, jelly, freezing corn, processing green beans and carrots.  I do the same for my family today. 

 5. 'Like mother, like daughter'...in what way is this saying true for you? 

 My mom was welcoming during my growing up years and still is today. She has the hospitality gene and she gave it to me.  

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Shower the people you love with love ♥ Show them the way that you feel...

James Taylor 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful questions and answers. I too love the Caramel in the box of chocolates to. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never officially canned anything and find the idea a little bit intimidating. I've made jams of the freezer variety but have never done anything requiring a pressure cooker. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a super duper homemaker, in all things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those words from James Taylor . . .now I'm singing them in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers! Sweet locket photo of you and your mom. Amen to showering the people we love with love! Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love this post. Your mom sounds like my kind of lady..I love it when I can be a great host. I will say, the caramel is my favorite pick of the box as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all tings royal. I watched the jubilee, queen's funeral and the kings coronation. Maybe I should have been British. I was fascinated to know that the pope gave King Charles a fragment of the cross of Jesus. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is my all time favorite James Taylor song...love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers....especially to the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your answers Carla. I often go for the coffee flavoured chocolates even though I never drink coffee lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your JT quote! This was such a lovely tribute to your mom and how you are passing her wisdom and love onto your kids! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so alike, my friend. I love to snatch the caramel ones in the chocolate box too! I like your answer to number 5. Your mom sounds like a wonderful and thoughtful person. Thank you for sharing the quote at the end. It's so beautiful.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not watch the coronation as I do not like Charles and Camilla. My love was one hundred percent for Queen Elizabeth and I do not feel that they are a credit to her or to the "crown" (I don't believe in royalty, haha). I am the uncrowned queen of all that I survey in my own home. I would be right there fighting you for the caramel. At my mother's knee I learned to put my lipstick on. I am like her in many ways but most of all, in loving being female. My mom "prettied up" every day and went about her business (shopping, cleaning, cooking) in a ladylike way. I aspire to be that and work at it every day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!