About The River

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

September Birthday ... No, December Birthday and it is the Hodgepodge

 

Northern Lights the night of September 16th 2024.




Hello Friends, it is time for the Hodgepodge. 

Joyce asks the questions.

We answer the questions.

Click here to join the fun! 

 1. Something that's had you 'chuffed to bits' recently? 

 




 

 Our garden harvest, flowers and fresh veggies. And the Northern Lights.

 

 2. Tell us about an instance recently where you were tempted to 'throw a wobbly' (expression used to describe tantrums thrown, usually by adults or people who should know better) 

 

Well... some current events have made me 'throw a wobbly'.

 

3. Something everyone seems to love but is not your 'cuppa tea'

 

Flavored coffee... just give me a good dark coffee with a little cream.

 

4. Fish and chips, bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding...which entree would you choose? Yes, you have to choose.

 

Fish and Chips


5. Something you want for your birthday this year? 

 



At a recent wedding for a friend.. our boys.

 What I want for my birthday this year, is to spend  time with those two in the above photo. 

 

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

 


 

 My husband installed some new lighting in our greenhouse. I love it. With the nights creeping in earlier and earlier, the extra light helps me finish my garden chores. It is getting dark here at 7:30 pm already.. oh that is the hardest part for me.. saying goodby to all our spring/summer light.

 

7 comments:

  1. Fish 'n chips, no time needed on that. Your boys look so handsome! Thankfully no tantrums lately. The lights look fantastic in your greenhouse. Shorter days :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of flavored coffee either. I hope your birthday wish comes true! How fabulous to see the Northern Lights. On my bucket list for sure. Have a nice day...thank you for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lights in your greenhouse are such a great idea! I have never seen anyone do this. It will be helpful for so many reasons! Your boys are so handsome! I love flavored coffee, Phil does not, he only likes plain. Your veggies are beautiful. But this doesn't surprise me, knowing you are an expert Gardner. Can they be grown year round in a greenhouse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the Northern lights. How awesome so see them. Wow, how wonderful your garden has been. The heat just ruined ours this year. Yep, your coffee sounds perfect. The boys look great! Hope you get to spend some time with them. That's wonderful about the lights in your greenhouse. Have a wonderful day. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in total agreement on saying goodbye to the spring/summer light. My husband is a coffee drinker and he can't even stand to smell flavored coffee - he would agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers and I learned some lingo like the cool kids all know lol! I hope you get your wish to spend more time with the boys. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earlier darkness has been upsetting me too! I love the lights in your greenhouse! It looks so pretty. The boys look so handsome in that photo. I hope you get your birthday wish! The garden spoils are incredible! No wonder your proper chuffed!

    ReplyDelete

High Fives from Wisconsin!