It is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
Click here to join the fun!
Click here to join the fun!
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
I do not remember the movie, Back to the Future. I think I watched it, but I do not remember it.
I was heading off to elementary school in the fall of 1985, I would have been 11 years old.
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
I would want to go to the past. I enjoy history and I would like to go back and meet many of the people I admire in our history.
When my boys were younger we would read Mary Pope Osborne, Magic Tree House. Back in time we would go with Jack and Annie.
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
I enjoy a lot of what technology gives us. I also can get tired of it. As a mom of young men, the world of the Internet gives me some shivers. I pray for our society to fight the junk that is on line.
Information is at our fingertips, I do like that.
I enjoy my blog and have so many fun blog buddies. It has been so fun to meet so many of them in person.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
My favorite dish in the slow - cooker - Roast Beef
My favorite fast food - I like Culver's fast food.
Do you have a Culver's in your neck of the woods?
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
My boys are growing up. My first born is learning how to drive. He is planning on getting a part time job. He has goals to buy a car and is thinking about what he plans to do after he graduates from High School.
Making time, to spend as much family time as we can.
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
My grandparents home. It was so much fun to bike to my grandparents home or ski in the woods and come around the bend. The property was sold a long time ago and it is no longer my grandparents home.
It makes me sad I can not take my boys to visit.
I do stop along side the road and tell them stories when we travel back to my hometown.
7. Describe your comfort zone.
I like to be with people that love me. I enjoy smaller crowds of people.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My sister sent this to me this week ~
If you woke up this morning, it is time to celebrate!